Beginner looking anglo 30 in UK.

Hi everyone I play guitar, piano accordion , whistles and banjo and now I would like to try the anglo concertina. I am from Ireland and tried the music room.uk for a Rochelle but they are out of stock and they were to ring me back if they were getting them in but didn't.

Has anyone tried or heard any reports of the Boorinwood as the dealer who imports them lives now too far from me about one hours drive away or should I wait around and hopefully pick up a rochelle.

You might want to read through this thread...

Hi everyone I play guitar, piano accordion , whistles and banjo and now I would like to try the anglo concertina. I am from Ireland and tried the music room.uk for a Rochelle but they are out of stock and they were to ring me back if they were getting them in but didn't.

Has anyone tried or heard any reports of the Boorinwood as the dealer who imports them lives now too far from me about one hours drive away or should I wait around and hopefully pick up a rochelle.

Harry Geuns in Belgium sold and shipped me a Rochelle with a hard case for cheaper than I could have got it here or in the UK.

Harry Geuns site - the site sometimes has a bit of a wobble, but you can email him and ask has he any left. I had mine within days.

I liked the Rochelle to start off on (not that I'm any sort of expert player now) and I've ordered one of Harry's own concertinas as an incentive as I progress - hoping to have it late summer.

I can only comment on one Concertina which I got from a third party dealer in Boorinwood Anglos on eBay when I was first looking to learn, but the one I got was truly bad with effectively two lots of left-hand reeds installed, one on each side. The dealer was pretty cool, but I can't say as much for the response from Boorinwood themselves. The email correspondence between the dealer and Boorinwood was accidentally sent to me as well and IMHO it showed them in a very poor light. YMMV.

As with the wider cheapie Anglo world, I've had various cheap Chinese Anglos with quite positive experiences overall, but if I were you I'd wait for a Rochelle or get it from Harry Geuns or Wim Wakkers Concertinaconnection.com sites direct. Pound per pound (or Euro per Euro) it's by far the best learner instrument I've encountered.

If you let me know a price please.

That price of 260euro on Harry Geuns site seems to be good.

Yep, that's the price in Ireland too.

Stephen have you any in stock. I would like to order one. A friend of mine was also interested in one if you do it any cheaper for 2.

Cheers

Justdee