Wheatstone Aeola 32262 Pictures

Mr L

The pics can be viewed on Flikr

Search under People and Aeola Pics and you should be able to view.

This is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36736828@N05/

I would be interested to receive any comments.

Mr L.

I'm working in China for a while so I can't get at my records but that is a beauty. The metal-ended treble aeolas were relatively rare and this looks to be in fine condition. In pounds, I would expect it to be in the 1750 to 2250 range fully restored assuming no reed rust etc, although the likely need for retuning and other repairs plus current world conditions may reduce the amount you may get for it.

Good luck.

Edited by Paul Read

This is the link:

Mr L.

It's lovely to see the concertina still has its original purchase invoice from 1930 and a copy of Wheatstone's current pricelist from that date. That, to me, is rarer than it being metal-ended!

Chris

This is the link:

Mr L.

It's lovely to see the concertina still has its original purchase invoice from 1930 and a copy of Wheatstone's current pricelist from that date. That, to me, is rarer than it being metal-ended!

Chris

Almost definitely true but I think he was trying to get an idea of value. Do you think these things would make it more valuable? Possible.

This is the link:

Mr L.

Chris

Almost definitely true but I think he was trying to get an idea of value. Do you think these things would make it more valuable? Possible.

I don't think having the original purchase documentation, etc, with the concertina would make it more valuable, but it's a nice piece of history and proof of original ownership. Interesting to note that the ledgers state that the concertina was finished or started on Nov 19th 1929 and the sales invoice is dated 20th Feb 1930, some three months later. Any conclusions to be drawn from that?

Chris

Mr L.

A very nice looking and desireable instrument, and it will no doubt need some restoration work done on it. What exactly will need to be done can only be assessed by having a close look at the innards and playing it. So please can you reveal your location, roughly (!), for those of us who might be interested in following this up and, perhaps, making you an offer?

John

For all that are interested the instrument is in Scotland.

Thanks to everone so far with your comments (and offers).

I plan to give the post a little time to run to get as much feedback as possible to enable me to consider how best to proceed and will keep all interested 'in the loop'.

Regards,

Mr L

I would venture to suggest that this Æola has had at least one major overhaul in its lifetime. Red bushing material would not have been fitted originally and such things are normally only done as part of a thorough servicing/rebuild.

It would make a fine partner for my tenor/treble but sadly funds won't permit.

I would venture to suggest that this Æola has had at least one major overhaul in its lifetime. Red bushing material would not have been fitted originally and such things are normally only done as part of a thorough servicing/rebuild.

It would make a fine partner for my tenor/treble but sadly funds won't permit.

You are a lucky man anyway T.S., ...... your T.T looks like a real cracker!

Cheers

Dick

• 5 weeks later...

This is the link:

Mr L.

I too love the pictures your Tenor Treble EC. I am still looking for a tenor as I now have a treble. Let me know if its still available.

This is the link:

Mr L.

I too love the pictures your Tenor Treble EC. I am still looking for a tenor as I now have a treble. Let me know if its still available.

To prevent further confusion: Mr L.'s Æola on flickr is a Treble. Ptarmigan's compliments were for Tallship's Tenor-Treble.

[Edited for typo.]

Edited by Leonard

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody knows, what became of this lovely instrument??

I put in an offer and the seller promised to inform me before a sale:

"Whilst this will take some time I will not sell the instrument without letting you know what is happening so please dont worry about this."

Now after two months I'm starting to worry...