Geantrai Feb 24

Henrik, for any of us outside of Ireland when we log in, it takes a while to look at our mac address, and server ip location. If not in Ireland ( or a proxy server tricking the internet into thinking it in Ireland). Then after about 25 seconds it allows play. After it plays through in it's entirety you can scroll the cursor back to rewind and review. I am still working on an Apple based way of recording the shows. No new progress there. Many of the shows are online for Youtube, under TG4 listings. They are downloadable via vixy.net and saved as a quicktime movie.

Henrik, for any of us outside of Ireland when we log in, it takes a while to look at our mac address, and server ip location. If not in Ireland ( or a proxy server tricking the internet into thinking it in Ireland). Then after about 25 seconds it allows play. After it plays through in it's entirety you can scroll the cursor back to rewind and review. I am still working on an Apple based way of recording the shows. No new progress there. Many of the shows are online for Youtube, under TG4 listings. They are downloadable via vixy.net and saved as a quicktime movie.

... Then after about 25 seconds it allows play. ...

Ahaaa - maybe it's my usual lack of patience

But for the rest - I was hoping for a new fix.

I have taken off some of the programs from YouTube etc, but I'd prefer the originals.

/Henrik

I find easier to record it with the Windows Media Recorder. Pretty good quality, tho.

Cheers,

Fer

P.S: Why the t*ats of the BBC4 don't allow to watch in the same way the programs outside the UK? It's quite annoying....

Edited by Fergus_fiddler

P.S: Why the t*ats of the BBC4 don't allow to watch in the same way the programs outside the UK? It's quite annoying....

Maybe because (unlike almost every other media corporation in the world today) they take the rights agreements they sign with performers, producers and creators seriously.

Journalist friends of mine have been fighting a long court battle with newspapers over stuff made available on the web. For example a newspaper pays the journalist for the rights to publish an article once in the print media. Years later the article is broadcast on the internet. The newspaper is using the material to generate advertising revenue but doesn't want to pay compensation for the journalist.

So the BBC policy is annoying, yes, since we have all been conditioned by the internet to get whatever we want right now and for free. But quite reasonable from another perspective.