Watford's Pump House Folk Club

RatFace

Steph and I played a gig at Watford Pump House Folk Club on Friday, and somebody recorded some videos:

Jigs: Winnie Hayes', The Cook in the Kitchen, Will you come home with me.

Song: Billy Taylor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9aSeF_LsSs

Hi Danny,

Very nice playing; I always think that concertina and harp work well together.

One question; is Steph left-handed?

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Very nice playing; I always think that concertina and harp work well together.

Yes - it's been an interesting and fun few weeks practising, listening to our recordings of the practices, and then changing how we play together.

Yes and no! She's right handed, but plays a left-handed harp because she's had surgery on her right hand. She had to swap over a couple of years ago.

Yes and no! She's right handed, but plays a left-handed harp because she's had surgery on her right hand. She had to swap over a couple of years ago.

Well; I was getting totally confused.

Here's how the thought process went. Looks like Steph is playing left-handed; never seen that. Hang on; maybe the video image got reversed ..... can that happen? But Danny has his concertina resting on his right leg .... as usual. Hang on, again, maybe Steph is playing a triple harp ...... only it looks, and sounds like a clarsach. I'd better check the website link.

A minute later, and I'm looking at pictures on the website, where Steph is definitely playing a clarsach, right-handed. So; you can see why I asked the question. One or two Forum members might say (again) that I need to get out more!

I think that Steph has done remarkably well to switch from right to left-handed playing.

Regards,

Peter.

Steph and I played a gig at Watford Pump House Folk Club on Friday, and somebody recorded some videos:

Jigs: Winnie Hayes', The Cook in the Kitchen, Will you come home with me.

Song: Billy Taylor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9aSeF_LsSs

Danny. Why didn't you post details of your gig here in advance? I would have loved to come and see you. I know Steph West. Have you got any more gigs planned as a duo? Lovely playing by the way.

Chris

Danny. Why didn't you post details of your gig here in advance?

Ermmm yes I should have done! I got a bit stressed in the run up to it practising for this gig and some others. Steph and I don't have anything else lined up, but I expect we will do something, because we really enjoyed it!