Wheatstone English

Fergus_fiddler

Hi, everybody.

There'a a guy in Barcelona, Spain; who is selling this one at euro 2,800. I think it's expensive. Please, english players opinion? Thanks.

Cheers,

Fer

Fergus,

I have to agree. In Nov. 2008 I bought a 48-button,Wheatstone, treble, English, from Surrey, England for about $735US. (I'm not sure what the conversion rate is now, but was about $1.21US to 1.00Euro then.) This Wheatstone looks in SLIGHTLY better shape, but certainly not worth 4x the price. KerryF

Hi, everybody.

There'a a guy in Barcelona, Spain; who is selling this one at euro 2,800. I think it's expensive. Please, english players opinion? Thanks.

Cheers,

Fer

Fergus,

I have to agree. In Nov. 2008 I bought a 48-button,Wheatstone, treble, English, from Surrey, England for about $735US. (I'm not sure what the conversion rate is now, but was about $1.21US to 1.00Euro then.) This Wheatstone looks in SLIGHTLY better shape, but certainly not worth 4x the price. KerryF

2,600 quid? From a dealer, you could get a pretty good aeola for that...and an aeola it ain't.... :P

But then again, what would Steve Dickinson charge for a new one to similar specs?

MC

Edited by malcolm clapp

Thanks to everybody for your opinion. Yes, it's what I thought. It was in a digital secondhand newspaper ( segundamano.es ) since October and I wondered why. Now I know.

When I wrote to the seller, he even said that was a bargain at that price! :blink: :lol:

Cheers,

Fer