Northeast Concertina Workshop (USA)

ragtimer

Who's going to the NCW sponsored by The Button Box April 17-18? I've already registered, now to start calling motels in the area.

Looks like a good program for all types of concertinas (EC, Anglo, and Duet).

--Mike K.

I'm wondering, will anyone from here playing mainly irish music on anglo be there? It seems to be mainly a 'english' concertina event, with some anglo teachers. I know Edel Fox will be around, so I'm really tempted, hehehe...

I'm wondering, will anyone from here playing mainly irish music on anglo be there? It seems to be mainly a 'english' concertina event, with some anglo teachers. I know Edel Fox will be around, so I'm really tempted, hehehe...

Well, I'll be there, anglo in hand, and my EC as well.

I received confirmation from the Button Box some time ago and have motel reservations, so I just waiting for April.

I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers

Jim

Irish players will feel right at home. Chris Stevens and Edel Fox both teach ITM on Anglos. I'll be in Edel's classes as I see Chris every week and Boston Comhaltas school. Chris is a great player and teacher, comfortable and patient teaching at all levels.

Edel Fox is an excellent teacher, able to very well describe the ornamentation and techniques she is using. Her choice of tunes when I had her class at the Eigse Mrs. Crotty were demanding, but very rewarding. I strongly recommend anyone attending if in the area.

I'll be there, possibly with a new Tedrow Hayden.

WOW!!! I am dying to see (and, pretty please, play) a Tedrow 52-key Hayden.

I'm seriously considering putting in an order for one, tho I'm still hopign for the Button Box to finish what RIch started.

I've now got a room reserved at the Red ROof Inn -- $100 per nite cheaper than the nice B&B in Sunderland.

And lest I forget -- nice to hear of yet another Hayden Duet player!

--Mike K.

Anyone knows if it's possible to camp there, somewhere close to the workshop grounds?

There was a campground near Whately, and another north of Greenfield (correct name?) some years ago, but Rich Morse himself pointed out in response to a similar question a few years back that they may not be open yet, as it may still be below freezing at night and thus not much business.

Ken

I'll be driving down from Hamilton, Ontario with my new Morse Ceili G/D, and will reunite(I hope) with my weird old Henry Harley square concertina in C/G, which the Button Box is doing some work on at the moment.

I'm signed up for Jody's anglo sessions, plus the session on playing for dancers. I have a feeling I'm jumping into the deep end, but am really looking forward to the event, and to meeting some of the folks I've "met" here in the last few months.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Azalin

I bought a beginner's anglo 30-b C/G last September and I am struggling - I need all the help I can get.

I live in Saint-Léonard and I decided to go to the workshop - my first time of course.

I will be driving down early Friday and returning on Sunday.

let me know if this might be convenient for you.

diane

Hello Azalin

I bought a beginner's anglo 30-b C/G last September and I am struggling - I need all the help I can get.

I live in Saint-Léonard and I decided to go to the workshop - my first time of course.

I will be driving down early Friday and returning on Sunday.

let me know if this might be convenient for you.

diane

I sent you a private message :-) It will be nice to another anglo-er from Montreal. There are two other persons I know of who play anglo in Montreal, both have Edgley concertinas.