Wheatstone Aeola 32262

Mr L

I was wondering if anyone could advise on the likely value range for a used Wheatstone Aeola.

The number is 32262.

It belonged to my uncle who purchased it new and comes in the original leather case complete with sales receipt.

I believe it has nickel fluted ends.

It has not been played for years however when I last looked last year it could be played or should I say that I could get noises as I do not play. (one button did not work). At that time one of the leather straps on the case broke when I closed it as it was dry.

I have no doubt the instrument is serviceable however as I am not a player I do not have much idea of the cost to refurbish and how much it is/would be worth.

Any information you could give through this forum would be appreciated - if any further information is required I will look the instrument out and advise.

Thanks

Mr G

Hello

Others can tell you much more about your instrument...but it sounds that from the year of manufacture (1929) and the model (Aeola) that it is a top quality model. Here is a link to the page of the Wheatstone records for the serial number.

http://www.horniman.info/DKNSARC/SD02/PAGES/D2P1010S.HTM

I recommend posting some photos.

Richard

Thanks for the comments and the records Richard.

Dick -it is Mr L however I obviously have keyboard issues. (perhaps explains why I cannot play the aeola)

I will look out the instrument and post some photos and any further relevant information.

It will probably be a few days as the instrument is at my mothers house however bear with me.

Mr L

Number 32261 is listed as octagonal 48 buttons.

If there is nothing added on the next line in the ledgers,

does this mean that the 32262 is a similar one?

Marien

Hello

Others can tell you much more about your instrument...but it sounds that from the year of manufacture (1929) and the model (Aeola) that it is a top quality model. Here is a link to the page of the Wheatstone records for the serial number.

I recommend posting some photos.

Richard

Marien,

I have assumed, and detected no inconsistency, that any undescibed instrument has similar appointments of the nearest described instrument within the horizontal pencil marks.

So #s 32255 through 32260 are all 48b hex instruments with key valves and wrist straps. #s 32261 through 32265 are nickel plated octagonal 48b with key valve and wrist staps. #32263 has blue gauze.

In addition the model # to the left, 22 for the hex instruments and 7 for the Aeolas will indicate construction materials, range, and raised or flat ends.

Model #s are described in the Wheatstone pricelists found at concertina.com

Here is a link:

http://www.concertina.com/pricelists/wheat...glish/index.htm

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone could advise on the likely value range for a used Wheatstone Aeola.

The number is 32262.

It belonged to my uncle who purchased it new and comes in the original leather case complete with sales receipt.

I believe it has nickel fluted ends.

It has not been played for years however when I last looked last year it could be played or should I say that I could get noises as I do not play. (one button did not work). At that time one of the leather straps on the case broke when I closed it as it was dry.

I have no doubt the instrument is serviceable however as I am not a player I do not have much idea of the cost to refurbish and how much it is/would be worth.

Any information you could give through this forum would be appreciated - if any further information is required I will look the instrument out and advise.

Thanks

Mr G

I now have some photographs however cannot get them to upload to the site. Has anyone experienced similar problems and how to overcome them?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Mr L.

I now have some photographs however cannot get them to upload to the site. Has anyone experienced similar problems and how to overcome them?

Mr L.

Mr L, I post my photos on Webshots then it's easy to post either the photos or links to them, here.

Good Luck

Cheers

Dick

Mr L.

Mr L, I post my photos on Webshots then it's easy to post either the photos or links to them, here.

Good Luck

Cheers

Dick

Thank you Dick. I managed to get pics on Flikr.com and have poster the info on the forum.

Regards

Mr L

could you say whereabouts you and the instrument are located?

Lovely photos!

- john Wild

Take care how you answer that question Mr L!

...... after all, you do know that John is a Cat Burgler, don't you! 1.gif

:lol:

Cheers

Dick

...... after all, you do know that John is a Cat Burgler, don't you! 1.gif

Cheers

Dick

X: 6183

T:the Cat Needs Feeding

R:Jig

O:England

M:6/8