Printing Music From Midi

Tassie Devil

Someone else may have a better reply, but...

I use Noteworthy Composer software. The trial version is (was?) free, though to install it isn't all that bad...I think it was about $30. (USA) when I registered, a year or more ago. They have a feature called something like 'Midi Importer' that's easy to use -- once you have saved the midi to your computer, so you can upload it (assuming that's okay with the midi author, etc.).

I don't know if the importer is included in the free trial....I doubt it.

Sometimes, the notation that imports from a midi is on more staffs then you'd care to actually see, but, it's still very accurate and workable.

I think it's http://www.noteworthysoftware.com

I know there are other composing software programs that people in this forum use, too.

Hi,

all professional sequenzer-programs can do this - but most of them are overloaded with other stuff which is fine if you need it. For just printing midi into notes you should look for older versions of programs like Cubasis, Finale Printmusic or Cakewalk Homestudio 5, which are often as freeware on CD of computer-magazines or in the internet.

Erich

I used Tassie D's midi link and could not hear anything. I couldn't find a volume switch to turn up. I have been able to hear other programs. Would it be that I don't have some necessary function on my computer. Or was I supposed to do something?

I used Tassie D's midi link and could not hear anything. I couldn't find a volume switch to turn up. I have been able to hear other programs. Would it be that I don't have some necessary function on my computer. Or was I supposed to do something?

The link brings you to a page with a black background, and lists of titles...don't know if you scrolled down to the song title ('Black Is The Color') and clicked on that? Worked for me! :huh:

Hmm, I just looked again and noticed that it's a free geocities page. Sometimes they limit the data transfer, but then it'll work on a second try.

Edited by bellowbelle