Folk concert in Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK

If anyone finds themselves in the vicinity of Macclesfield on Saturday, I'll be supporting Tom Kitching & Gren Bartley in concert at St Alban's Church Hall.

Tom Kitching and Gren Bartley are one of the brightest young acts on the folk scene today. Fiddler Tom is a former BBC Young Folk Awards finalist, and Gren plays guitar and banjo and provides the vocals. Playing a mixture of British and American material together with original songs by Gren, they’ve developed a voice that suits the material and gives it a fresh edge.

I'll be starting off the evening with mainly traditional English songs accompanied on guitar, melodeon or anglo concertina.

When: Saturday 7 March - doors open 7pm

Where: St Alban's Church Hall, Chester Road, Macclesfield SK11 8DJ

Tickets: £6.00 (concessions half-price)

www.tomandgren.co.uk

:( Unfortunately I'll be nowhere near ( OH is terminally ill so being more than 10 mins from the front door is a luxury) but it sounds like a really good, and reasonably priced, evening :)

If anyone finds themselves in the vicinity of Macclesfield on Saturday...

Don't forget to remind them that John Butterworth, inventor of the Crane system, was Macclesfield born and bred!

(10 Stanley St in 1891, and 152 Crompton Road by 1896)

If anyone finds themselves in the vicinity of Macclesfield on Saturday...

Don't forget to remind them that John Butterworth, inventor of the Crane system, was Macclesfield born and bred!

(10 Stanley St in 1891, and 152 Crompton Road by 1896)

Well, that's something I didn't know. Thanks for the information.