Born to play the funky Ceili?

LHMark

Well I did it. Dropped a $50 deposit on a new Morse C/G Anglo today. With luck, I'll have my new box in time for my band's St. Patrick's Day show.

I realize it's not a Dipper, or a vintage Jeffries, but this is the most I've ever invested in any instrument, and it's a testament to how addicting the Concertina has become for me.

You wouldn't regret it. It's a lovely box that would get you busy the years you'll be saving for a Dipper or a Jeffries :lol:

Seriously, my situation is the same as yours - is the most I've ever invested in any instrument, too - and the Morse Ceili is the softest thing I ever tried. Literally, she lets herself to play without any resistance. It's OK is not louder as hell, but is a really worthy instrument. Congratulations.

Cheers,

Fer

I realize it's not a Dipper, or a vintage Jeffries, but this is the most I've ever invested in any instrument, and it's a testament to how addicting the Concertina has become for me.

I've got a Dipper and a vintage Jeffries, but I've also got a Morse Ceili - and it gets played! Don't knock it, they're fine little boxes and I'll be very surprised if you aren't delighted with it when it comes.

Cheers,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

The Ceili just arrived, all smelling of linseed oil or whatever the Button Box uses. I can't get the smile of my face. This thing is effortless and tunes I played badly on the Rochelle, I'm now mediocre on!

I did not know what to expect in upgrading instruments, and it wasn't without some trepidation that I plunked down the 2 Gs, but this little work of art is so much easier to squeeze and lends itself much better to expression. It's also one of the most beautiful things I've owned (a perfect counterpoint to my Honda Element). Thank you so much, Rich Morse and Button Box!

The Ceili just arrived, all smelling of linseed oil or whatever the Button Box uses. I can't get the smile of my face. This thing is effortless and tunes I played badly on the Rochelle, I'm now mediocre on!

I did not know what to expect in upgrading instruments, and it wasn't without some trepidation that I plunked down the 2 Gs, but this little work of art is so much easier to squeeze and lends itself much better to expression. It's also one of the most beautiful things I've owned (a perfect counterpoint to my Honda Element). Thank you so much, Rich Morse and Button Box!

I had a Stagi English....Now I have the Morse...

I feel the same way. I love it.

Fjb