Aldgate

Ach y fi! These Romans!

(What will Samantha think????)

No alternative then - BARBICAN

and now for a cunning move reminicent of Hannibal.....Elephant & Castle

...Lions...?

OXFORD CIRCUS

circus? .... I'll go to Piccadilly Circus

Hang on - sorry to take us backwards, but surely the natural move is Regent's Street? You can't just go blundering to Piccadilly Circus straight away. I’m going Regents Street, because it's bridging Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus. So it is an absolute definitive Lateral, which you can reverse on if the situation is right, so you have a double value. It is a Bridger, it is a Lateral - the only logical move and you don't have to play your Get out of Burlington Free Card.

...Lions...?

OXFORD CIRCUS

circus? .... I'll go to Piccadilly Circus

Hang on - sorry to take us backwards, but surely the natural move is Regent's Street? You can't just go blundering to Piccadilly Circus straight away. I’m going Regents Street, because it's bridging Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus. So it is an absolute definitive Lateral, which you can reverse on if the situation is right, so you have a double value. It is a Bridger, it is a Lateral - the only logical move and you don't have to play your Get out of Burlington Free Card.

Ah, that's only possible if no one invokes the busker's challenge which would cause you to miss a go will a coin was thrown.

Gosh, play is now fast and furious, even with several of our regulars missing (Peter Trimming, for instance, is adjudicating at the first ever Mornington Crescent Madison event in the Helsinki Cycledrome - quite an honour, as you can imagine). But I am afraid that the speed of play may be leading to a few over-hasty diagonal moves, not fully taking into account the Waverley Uncertainty Principle. No matter, Balham opens the entire alpha quadrant, so I shall play

Sloane Square

Chris

Peter Trimming, for instance, is adjudicating at the first ever Mornington Crescent Madison event in the Helsinki Cycledrome - quite an honour, as you can imagine.

Yes; an unfortunate clash of dates, again. With several days of the event still remaining (6 days x 24 hours for those not in the know), it's extremely tiring and much sleep needs to be recovered afterwards. It's even worse for the competitors. :o

The riders go round and round the track; reminds me of the Circle Line. That's an observation, by the way, not a move!

Anyway, good luck to this year's MC competitors, although a brief look suggests that one might be confused, and is trying to play "Just a Minute" instead :unsure: (in which case he would be doing badly!), but it's an easy mistake to make!

I'll try to keep tabs on any smart moves (never too old to learn at this game!), and I'll just say "Try to keep it clean" - so we know which move not to make!

May the best player win! ;)

I'd be careful David... I nearly made a move after reading the initial post. You see, I read they were playing "completely straight rules" and assumed they were playing using the New International ruleset which is what one assumes "straight rules" means on this side of the pond.

Luckily, I caught that by "straight rules" they actually meant 1702 Waverley Rules which would have instantly put me in violation of making an illegal move before one of the opening plays that would make it legal for me to do so. I'm still waiting...

I'd be careful David... I nearly made a move after reading the initial post. You see, I read they were playing "completely straight rules" and assumed they were playing using the New International ruleset which is what one assumes "straight rules" means on this side of the pond.

Luckily, I caught that by "straight rules" they actually meant 1702 Waverley Rules which would have instantly put me in violation of making an illegal move before one of the opening plays that would make it legal for me to do so. I'm still waiting...

You mean I'd better cancel my move ?

OK, I give up the game. May the better win.

David

No time to understand the rules ; may I however try a little Trafalgar square

(sorry if it's a flop...)

Arrgghhh! You see what they say about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing....

Now we are all in Nim, thanks to the inverse green square law combined with an invalid destination. The Waverley rules have always been particularly vulnerable to this. Goodness know what we are going to do now. Where is Samantha? Gone off somewhere, I'll warrant - just when you need her most.

This is a long shot, but worth it if it rectifies this most unfortunate situation. I'll go for....

Felpersham High Street

Oooh Noooo!

Dum-de dum-de dum-de dum-de dum,

Dum-de dum-de dum dum.....

I'm afraid, unless someone plays Heathrow terminal as an invite, this side of the pond cannot in all good conscience play Wall Street, Manhattan via JFK airport. Besides Since the rules in use are the 1702 Waverly Rules, I'm not sure it's on the 1702 map.

Here is a good place to follow the game. Great entertainment on the sidelines nonetheless.

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillymaps/travel_times.jpg

Thanks

Leo