Folk song arrangements for English Concertina to share.

Matthew Heumann

I (English treble player & composer for 37+ yrs) have English Concertina arrangements for several traditional folksongs I wish to share. They are in MUS format which will open, play and print in Finale, Notepad, or the free "Finale Reader". These are not simple chords, but full arrangements with intros and bridges, much in the flavor of Alf Edwards accompaniments, which add unique instrumental character to each tune. I can also email pdf files if you wish, but they cannot play for you as MUS files would. I strongly recommend downloading the free Finale Reader at: www.finalemusic.com/Reader/ , so you can hear the arrangements as they were meant to sound. The arrangements are unusual because they often play "above the voice" so as not to drown it out. Sorry, I don't "DO" ABC format. Tune arrangements available include:

The Foggy Dew

As I was Going to Banbury

While Cruising Round Yarmouth

Bonny Ship the Diamond

Shearer's Dream

Shearing in a Bar

Rigs of the Time

Bluey Brink

Don't Have Any More Mrs. Moore

The Coachman

The Beggar

Rolling Down to Old Maui

Queer Bungle Rye

Pirate Serenade

Sing Arrg If you're a Pirate

Off to Sea Once More

Married to a Mermaid

Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy

If my arrangements are in the wrong key for your voice, just email back and I'll transpose it into any key you wish.

Attached are sample pdf files arrangement of "Adieu, sweet Lovely Nancy" & "Married to a Mermaid"

You can request arrangements from me directly at braeburnmusic1028@gmail.com ---Matt Heumann

Adieu__Sweet_Lovely_Nancy.pdf

Married_to_a_Mermaid.pdf

Edited by Matthew Heumann

Matt's arrangements (and original tunes) are great - recommended. Some of you may know him from his regular workshop offerings at the Northeast Squeeze-In.

How is winter in the midwest U.S. this year, Matt?

Ken

Matt's arrangements (and original tunes) are great - recommended. Some of you may know him from his regular workshop offerings at the Northeast Squeeze-In.

How is winter in the midwest U.S. this year, Matt?

Ken

Ken: Wow, thanks for the flattering endorsement. Winter's been great, -12F, dry, hell, I haven't needed bug repellant for weeks. If you'd like some of these tunes email directly at braeburnmusic1028@gmail.com