Seeking Title for my new CD and Book

I’m putting the finishing touches on my latest tune book. 50 new tunes for contra, square, céilí and morris dance plus a few waltzes. I want to record another solo concertina CD to go with the book... 27 of these new tunes, a bit like my Naked Concertina CD that presents tunes from my first tune book, Feet In the Clouds.

So... I need a title that will work for both the CD and book to go along with this picture that will be featured on the cover of both items. Can you help? Here is the photo.

post-557-1233802936_thumb.jpg

There are two titles that I’m considering at this point.

Cool Tunes for Country Dances

Hot Dance Tunes

Another title that I like but will not use is:

That’s Mr. Frosty to You!

Any ideas?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... I need a title that will work for both the CD and book to go along with this picture that will be featured on the cover of both items. Can you help? Here is the photo.

There are two titles that I'm considering at this point.

Cool squeeze? Hot tunes for cool dances? (or cool tunes for hot dances)

See you in 2 weeks at the sword ale! Maybe we can get in some oldtime jamming.

I’m putting the finishing touches on my latest tune book. 50 new tunes for contra, square, céilí and morris dance plus a few waltzes. I want to record another solo concertina CD to go with the book... 27 of these new tunes, a bit like my Naked Concertina CD that presents tunes from my first tune book, Feet In the Clouds.

So... I need a title that will work for both the CD and book to go along with this picture that will be featured on the cover of both items. Can you help?

There are two titles that I’m considering at this point.

Cool Tunes for Country Dances

Hot Dance Tunes

Another title that I like but will not use is:

That’s Mr. Frosty to You!

Any ideas?

Hi Jody. Glad you've finished the new book -- maybe I'll buy it at NCW this spring. Will defly buy it somehow, somewhere!

Brings back memories of the last NESI where I played "Gone Fishing" for you on my big Hayden bandoneon.

About the title -- neither Hot nor Cool turn me on -- they seem inappropriate to contra and trad music.

I'd suggest "Fresh Squeezed Tunes" but that doesn't relate to the snowman pic. And your tunes play well on non-squoze instruments, for sure.

Best wishes, Mike K.

I need a title that will work for both the CD and book to go along with this picture that will be featured on the cover of both items. Can you help?

Here's my idea:

Play.jpg

That's not bad at all Boney. Perhaps 'Come out and Play' might be better than using the imperative? Just my thoughts.

Ian

"Tunes That Melt in Your Hands".

Yeah, I like "Come Out and Play!" better too. Edited!

Or change the word play to Dance.

I like the double meaning of the word "play" though. Or triple if you think of dancing as a form of play.

I need a title that will work for both the CD and book to go along with this picture that will be featured on the cover of both items. Can you help?

Here's my idea:

Play.jpg

Well, given that Jody is also mostly hidden behind the snow creature in the picture, I think that Boney's suggestion, Come Out and Play!, is an excellent title. Alternatively, my suggestion is: Flights of Fancy ~ Cool Tunes for Contra Dancing.

Chris