Concertina In Pop Or Rock Music ?

Going back to the original thread. On the album Back to the Egg by Paul McCartney and Wings on the track called Million Miles, Paul actually plays the concertina himself, but I don't know which system he uses.

Also on the John Lennon and Yoko Ono album Double Fantasy there is some English concertina played by Randy Stein.

Martyn

Guitarist and vocalist Kristina Olsen also plays her English concertina on one of her albums. Definitely worth a listen.

Morgana

• 5 months later...
They said they will let me know when the programme will be broadcast. It is for the BBC World Service, so everybody will be able to hear it, all over the world.
Do let us know when we can listen in!

At last I have received the promised email from the BBC:

Just a quick note to let you know that our programme about Sir Charles Wheatstone and the concertina is due to be broadcast this week on the BBC World Service. You should be able to listen to the programme by following this link (after it has been updated on Tuesday 7th September) :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programm...sterpiece.shtml

Many thanks and best wishes

Neil Koenig

I hope it isn't too embarassing !

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Fantastic stuff! I'm listening to the programme now. I assume there is no way to legally record or save this real player file for future reference?

Legally? *shrug*. But I'm recording it now as I listen to it, using some software called Total Recorder.