Current makes of concertina

It is reassuring that new concertina-reeded Haydens are available, and from more than one maker, even if only with a long wait. They do say that patience is a virtue. I have had three concertinas made for me (all Anglos, from three different makers) and my shortest wait was four years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alex_holden said:

I'm in a similar position: I make Haydens, but my waiting list is very long and I receive new order inquiries far more often than I can build them. (I'm a solo maker and don't want to take on employees.)

Sorry to have overlooked you, Alex. I knew I must have been missing someone but wasn’t thinking fast enough.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks ,I knowthe best answer is to go for a ,"real" concertina, but could anyone advise between a McNela Pheonix or Sherwood Flynn ,only ones in my price range at present, currently playing a sherwood kirklees. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Willie murphy said:

Hi folks ,I knowthe best answer is to go for a ,"real" concertina, but could anyone advise between a McNela Pheonix or Sherwood Flynn ,only ones in my price range at present, currently playing a sherwood kirklees. Thank you.

This question might get more responses in a new thread/topic of its own.

Welcome to C.net!

Ken