Bless Me Father, For I Have Sinned. . .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tragically the same thing happened to me recently, when I bought this. I shall just have to go along to the next meeting of AccAnon and say, "My name is Chris and I bought a melodeon"...

Chris

Edit for accordion-induced typo

Edited by Chris Timson

Ah come on, Lisa, tell us more about it.

I have done the very same thing only with piano accordions. You just have to keep them in separate rooms for a while and gradually introduce them to each other. Sort of like wild animals.

So, when do you get your new baby? Do you already know how to play? Do you realize that this process of lusting and buying never ends?

I might join Chris's accanon except I thoroughly enjoy this addiction.

Helen

Chris: Tragically the same thing happened to me recently, when I bought this.

OOOOOh. You do have it bad. Good thing I didn't see that one, I might have succumbed right then and there!

The object of my desire is a Castgnari Lilly D/G. :wub: She is tiny and cute as a button! :wub: And since I play Morris tunes a D/G is just the thing. (this is me rationalzing my addiction) She does have single reeds, so will sound kind of like a concertina.

I don't know when she'll be getting here. . . she has a long and dangerous trip to make all the way from England.

I actually started my box squeezing career on a Pokerwork D/G that my friend Roger lent to me. The bloody thing was so heavy it almost ripped my sholders out! But, alas, I was hooked on that squeezebox sound, so I decided to get a concertina instead.

Maybe we need to have a seperate discussion forum called AccAnon, that way we can at least pretend to seem a little repentant for our digressions!

....Lisa,you think YOU'VE got problems......My 15-yr old daughter,Rebecca,cleaned out her room last week ( in itself enough reason for panic..is she doing drugs ?, succumbed to a cult? .....a million things ) and she found a PIANO ACCORDION in one of her cupboards.

Nobody in the family has any recollection of how it got there or whose it is ; a melodeon I could have understood but this !!

I'm thinking of contacting Father timpson to help me through it.

Yours

Vulnerable in Ontario

Ye who have sinned,read on

Tina was a bit hexagonal

and her taste was strange and a bit lachenal

She fell in love with Mel Odeon

part Italian and a bit Mongolion

They met on a date in Lisa`s front room

and danced all night to a Morris dance tune,

but alas their romance was never to be,

he was bit in the jones by a bad tempered stagi.

He went up an octave and was never the same

became a hohner,did not see her again

He did the nightclubs and a bit of sleeze

and was last seen in London with a group of jeffries.

Tina was somewhat edgerly

surely her marriage was never to be

She was lonely and all alone

Would she die with a wee tomb stone?

She tedrowed along for many a year

thinking back with wonder and fear

If only Lisa had not brought Mel

Had not sinned but practiced like hell

She might now be living with ease

with a baby on her knees

now she will never get to the alter

Lisa ,wash out your mouth with soap and water!!

Al

Poet lariot

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I've just about peed my pants from laughing so hard. I shall print this out immediately and post it in the top of my new melodeon case when it arrives.

My 15-yr old daughter,Rebecca,cleaned out her room last week

You're right it is a reason to panic! My I have 3 girls, age 22, 5 and 2 and none of them has EVER cleaned their room! Maybe If I get my oldest in gear she'll find a nice Jeffries or something up there! Her room has certainly been festering long enough to produce SOMETHING.

The object of my desire is a Castgnari Lilly D/G. :wub: She is tiny and cute as a button! :wub:  And since I play Morris tunes a D/G is just the thing.  (this is me rationalzing my addiction)  She does have single reeds, so will sound kind of like a concertina.

I think you will find its a "he" not a "she" but at least it already knows all the Morris tunes. :rolleyes:

No no Lester, it's a Lilly, doesn't that make it a her not a him?

Well gee, maybe I'll clean my house if that will net me another piano accordion.

Lisa, is she new, gosh I can't say used or pre-owned now that I have said she, it sounds well sleazy.

Wow, instruments are so much fun.

I'd have a hard time faking remorse for buying them. I could try. Hm remorse, sounds like a reconditioned concertina.

Alan, you are too too funny.

Helen

Helen, I'm afraid that Lester would know best if it's a "he" or a "she" being that it belongs to him at this very moment!

To compensate for your fall from grace, I've just traded my Saltarelle B/C box in on a new Morse Céilí.
Many thanks. You will earn points in Concertina Heaven for this. . . while I'm definitely chalking some up in Melodeon hell!

I must admit to having owned 2 Lilly's they would still be with me if four of my fingers did not cover 5 buttons

Lilly's are cool... light fast responsive wickedly fun,,, addictive

caused me to buy 5 more Castagnaris...

Is it cherry or walnut or the new maple???

JJH