Concertina Cartoons

LDT

I think I've spent most of my life trying to do that! blink.gif

You live in a prison? :blink: Is it like the great escape? lol! And you play the concertina to cover over the noise of the digging....

aka "the world". :rolleyes:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember being told that the Australian slang word relates to a native species of bird called "Galah", which the early settlers found to be so unafraid of humans that it would allow itself to be approached, picked up, and subsequently cooked and eaten. :(

Is this a bit of a myth (or was the bloke winding me up)?

Clearly a myth - eating a galah is not something anyone does twice.

Recipe for cooking a galah:

Place bird in a pot with a large rock.

Cover with water and boil until the rock softens.

Discard the galah and eat the rock.

;)

By request from Gusten..hope you like it. Its funny when it cam to drawing it I was thinking...I know what an ostrich looks like but not quite. lol!!

My wife is the biggest fan of Ostriches going (I know I think it's weird too but what can I say to her - I play a concertina!). Thanks LDT.

Ian

By request from Gusten..hope you like it. Its funny when it cam to drawing it I was thinking...I know what an ostrich looks like but not quite. lol!!

My wife is the biggest fan of Ostriches going (I know I think it's weird too but what can I say to her - I play a concertina!). Thanks LDT.

Ian

I was worried it looked a little too like a duck. lol! :unsure: :blink:

I was worried it looked a little too like a duck. lol! :unsure: :blink:

I've seen more ostriches than is good for me and yours looks just right for a Doofus Strauß. (Strauß is German for ostrich. Like Richard Strauss - the ß is similar to 'ss').

Ian

I didn't know if I should do a couple of concertina related cartoon designs and have them put on badges or stickers or something?

Or is that just a ridiculous idea?

Others will probably know better than I but I think that these would sell at festivals and so on. Let's see what others have to say.

Ian

thank you...its reassuring to know the 'expert' thinks it looks right. :)

now just got a Concertina Klutz to draw.....

Haha! I love it, thanks alot LDT! Very nicely done.

actually..I went for a different creature first ;) Do ya recognise him?

Hi LDT

I think it's....... Nah! it can't be. No pink elephants in the backround :lol: :blink:

Thanks

Leo :lol:

actually..I went for a different creature first ;) Do ya recognise him?

Hi LDT

I think it's....... Nah! it can't be. No pink elephants in the backround :lol: :blink:

Thanks

Leo :lol:

It was the pink elephants day off. lol!

Now...what about a 'lion' next? ;)

Edited by LDT

Hi LDT,

Thought I'd get my 2 cents in..and I think I'm selling a little high at that. I thought I'd offer some ideas.

Seems some animals lend themselves to the possibility of being able to play a concertina better than others.

Snakes for instance, would have a very hard time mastering it although I'm sure they could run up the scales forward and back if only they had fingers and they wouldn't be able to play Irish tunes since they don't have snakes over there thanks to St. Patrick.

An octopus? Well, you'd think his very design was to play an instrument with multiple buttons requiring pulling and squeezing but it was not to be since he lives in the sea, water would get in the bellows and dampen his notes poor fellow......oops, don't wanna start that again...

A sloth I guess would play slow tunes and an aardvark would be at the very front of the concertina encyclopedia.

Whales are better suited for singing, but if they did play, I bet they'd make it big.

You'd think an armodillo would be a natural since he kind of looks like a concertina.

Of course an owl would have to do late night gigs and an electric eel would have to play the whole circuit.

I like the Lion idea, but wouldn't he be inclined to dine on the audience?

Woodpeckers would love to play one if they could resist the urge to live in it.

I don't know about that ostrich idea, it's not easy to play with your head stuck in the sand, I've tried it. You can't see the buttons but people can still see you and besides it just looks plain silly.