On EBay: E. J. Ward, Liverpool

jdms

Is this rather battered-looking object likely to be a Lachenal? I have a feeling that getting it into playable condition might be quite a project, but that doesn't keep me from being curious...

Joshua Mackay-Smith

Yup -- I can see that at least three of us were asking questions about it too. Someone has already grabbed it. If I had noticed the low Buy it Now price ($275 US) that might have been me.

Is this rather battered-looking object likely to be a Lachenal? I have a feeling that getting it into playable condition might be quite a project, but that doesn't keep me from being curious...

Joshua Mackay-Smith

Well dagnabbit, I missed that too! I'd have jumped right on it yesterday if I'd been paying enough attention. Oh well--it could happen again...

jdms

Yup -- I can see that at least three of us were asking questions about it too. Someone has already grabbed it. If I had noticed the low Buy it Now price ($275 US) that might have been me.

Joshua Mackay-Smith

Joshua Mackay-Smith

I saw it yesterday, and told the seller it was a Lachenal. there wasn't a buy it now, but someone must have offered the $250 for it, then the seller changed it to buy it now...

Jon

Ah, that explains that. I don't think that most sellers would fall for that one. I would imagine that it would have fetched two or three times that price if the auction had continued.

Joshua Mackay-Smith

I saw it yesterday, and told the seller it was a Lachenal. there wasn't a buy it now, but someone must have offered the $250 for it, then the seller changed it to buy it now...

Jon