Morriss: A life with bells on

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this:

MOVIOLA is a partnership.

You - as our local partner - choose the films, do local marketing, sell tickets, book the hall, organise any refreshments, and manage the show.

From the makers of the film, it looks like they have minimum requirements and they will come to your town, not if. There are licensing requirements, but they look minimal.

It also lists the procedure to follow to have a film shown locally. Since that information is there I don"t think they will follow a petition request.

http://www.moviola.org/addvenue.htm

Good Luck

Thanks

Leo

I found this:

You - as our local partner - choose the films, do local marketing, sell tickets, book the hall, organise any refreshments, and manage the show.

From the makers of the film, it looks like they have minimum requirements and they will come to your town, not if. There are licensing requirements, but they look minimal.

It also lists the procedure to follow to have a film shown locally. Since that information is there I don"t think they will follow a petition request.

http://www.moviola.org/addvenue.htm

Good Luck

Thanks

Leo

I think the idea of the petition is that it can be used as evidence of a large interest in the film that may persuade a distributor to get it into cinemas.

A petition to show this film has been started at petitions.co.uk

Hi Woody

Here is something additional that may help. I hope it does.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124629910009

Interesting reading on "the Wall" and the "Discussion Board" and over 750 members. The admins also suggest signing the petition.

Thanks

Leo

A petition to show this film has been started at petitions.co.uk

Hi Woody

Here is something additional that may help. I hope it does.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124629910009

Interesting reading on "the Wall" and the "Discussion Board" and over 750 members. The admins also suggest signing the petition.

Thanks

Leo

thanks Leo

Somebody on Mudcat emailed the producers of the film about distribution and got the following reply:-

Thank you for your interest in Morris. We would love to show the film right across the globe and especially in the US (I know there are more Morris teams in the States than in the UK).

Film distribution is a weird thing and not down to the film makers. Films get put in cinemas by distribution companies (Icon, Revolver, Lionsgate, etc). When those companies saw Morris, they loved it, but were worried there was no audience for it. We want to show them that there is. So, we need people like you to lobby their local cinemas en masse, or even the distribution companies themselves to show the film. If enough people make a noise to them about Morris, we can roll it out globally and everyone can get to see it.

Let's make them realise that people want to see this film.

All best wishes

Lucy

LUCY AKHURST

Producer

Chris

A message from Lucy .

-----

Re: Morris: A Life With Bells On

Hi Mike

We will release the film on DVD, but only after we have had a commercial release on the big screens. The petition and email campaign for Morris has gathered speed and everyone seems to be joining it. That way we can give it the profile it needs to get to everyone in the country.

Thank you for your kind words. We have been overwhelmed by everyone's support.

Best

Lucy

-----

Mike

A good night out maybe.

-------------------------

Dear Morris Fans

BBC Breakfast will be at Fordingbridge tonight to cover the screening. Those of you who can get down there to make as much noise as possible please do. You can meet the film makers and ask us anything you want.

Lets make Fordingbridge the Hollywood of Hampshire!

Lucy

Twist Films

Mike

Leo

Its MOVIOLA thats putting it around in the West Country. Its on in our village hall on the 12th Feb, and I think in April, in Sherborne, Dorset. They do a lot of films in local village halls, where cinemas aren't easy to get to. I'll probably get to both!

Apparently the BBC coverage of this will be on BBC Breakfast on Tuesday

A good night out maybe.

Dear Morris Fans

BBC Breakfast will be at Fordingbridge tonight to cover the screening. Those of you who can get down there to make as much noise as possible please do. You can meet the film makers and ask us anything you want.

Lucy

Twist Films

Mike

According to Mudcat the showing has been bumped until next Tuesday

Apparently the BBC coverage of this will be on BBC Breakfast on Tuesday

A good night out maybe.

Dear Morris Fans

Lucy

Twist Films

Mike

Well the man who owns our local theater has contacted the movie company asking if he can get the movie in Brasstown, NC. From what they told him, the movie needs a distributor first. He said he would continue to keep checking on this. We are keeping our fingers crossed!

Pam

It's getting around!

KCTS (public TV in Western Washington) carries BBC World Service for a half hour of evening news each weeknight. They included a feature on the film yesterday. Seems it's this year's "sleeper."

Well done!

Cheers,

Molly

This is being discussed on Mudcat and anything good for the Morris should be good for the concertina world I would think.

http://www.morrismovie.com/

Fascinating! Made me sit right down and play "Princess Royal" ... :rolleyes:

Funny enough, this is the second forum "heads-up" I've seen for this film. You'd never guess where the other sighting report was: the forum of the Pagan Federation International!

There's more to Morris than just concertinas and big sticks, you know! ;)

Cheers,

John