Yet another move For Bradford On Avon English Music Session

Yep, we moved to the Barge in BoA only to close it in December. This time it wasn't the pub that went bust but the whole pub chain. There's an old saying that goes: once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action. I wonder who I've upset ...

Anyway, we've found a new home with a pub that's had the same landlord for twenty years (and who has been rumoured to have smiled at least once in that time). We met there last night and had a spiffing time. Fourteen musicians, of whom seven were full or part time concertina players, were present and playing - it's great how the regulars are supporting the session through all its travels.

Here's the address:- The Dog & Fox, 33 Ashley Rd, Bradford on Avon, BA15 1RT (England, if you're not sure).

We meet on the second and fourth Mondays of the month as before.

Chris

Here's the address:- The Dog & Fox, 33 Ashley Rd, Bradford on Avon, BA15 1RT (England, if you're not sure).

We meet on the second and fourth Mondays of the month as before.

Good luck for your latest move, Chris.

It reminds me a bit of Capital Folk Club 20+ years ago; for a while, you needed to attend almost every week to find out where they were likely to meet the next time! :rolleyes:

Regards,

Peter.

Maybe you should think about buying/leasing your own pub, Chris.

There's a thought, but what would we call it? The Wheatstone Arms? The Squeeze-Inn? The Reedpan & Bellows?

Chris

Edited to add PS: there used to be a session in and around Chippenham by the name of Animated Oats. Once a month it met, in a different pub each time. That must have taken some organising!

Edited by Chris Timson

Maybe you should think about buying/leasing your own pub, Chris.

There's a thought, but what would we call it? The Wheatstone Arms? The Squeeze-Inn? The Reedpan & Bellows?

The Concertina Arms? Although I think the 'Squeeze-Inn' is a good choice. lol!

Hi Chris

Bar/Pub closings can be dangerous. Be careful in your search for a new home. Here is one story of a closing in the US:

Fortunately it has a happy ending.

Thanks

Leo ;)