Concertina in a Poly Bag!

We have cheap, thin, transparent cycle cape style coveralls (available form most English sea-side tacky goods shops) that we use when the weather has turned nasty but not bad enough to stop the dancers. They come in a variety of coloured tints and you can usually find something to match your team colours.

Boil-in-the-bag Morris:)

Robin Madge

We have cheap, thin, transparent cycle cape style coveralls (available form most English sea-side tacky goods shops) that we use when the weather has turned nasty but not bad enough to stop the dancers. They come in a variety of coloured tints and you can usually find something to match your team colours.

Robin Madge

Robin, I found this YouTube of Morris Men in the Rain.

It lasts for just over 3 Minutes, but surprisingly you never actually ever see the musicians .... not once! :blink: :(

So tell me, are the musicians just regarded as 2nd Class Members of the team ...... behind the dancers? ;)

Cheers

Dick

P.S. I'd be careful where you said Boil-in-the-bag Morris Men .... you're liable to give people ideas! :lol:

Edited by Ptarmigan

That's a wonderful thing about Britain, you know, the ability to carry on living in the rain. :)

What choice do we have? :(

Chris

... and, if you think about it, it's easier to carry on living in the rain than to carry on living without it. Look at the Sahara desert!

;)

Cheers,

John

So tell me, are the musicians just regarded as 2nd Class Members of the team ...... behind the dancers? ;)

It can seem that way sometimes!

However, when I was first getting involved with Morris I noticed that the dancers were the ones leaping around, bashing each others fingers, twisting ankles, getting sunburned or rained on, while the musicians were the ones languidly leaning against pub walls drinking beer saying "Sorry. Can't go out into the sun/wind/rain. Bad for the instruments dont'cha know. Ooh! I can feel my fingers seizing up - I think I'd better have another pint".

;)

Robin Madge

:lol: Eeeh that brings back memories only my cape was a bright yellow one with ''Farmer's Weekly'' emblazoned in bright red letters across the back. I looked like a pregnant duck in clogs and a flowered Morris hat :lol: These day's it's more likely to be a begged black bag and either making it into an impromptu rain mac or a cutting it down to be a concertina cover.