Greetings And Thank You

I have been a guest on this forum for awhile, but the time has finally come to join and say hello to everyone here. Also, THANK YOU for helping to push me over the edge.

After way too long of thinking and wishing, I finally bought a concertina from the Button Box. It arrived today, so I've graduated from dreamer to whatever the next stage should be called. It will take a bit of musical traveling before I can call myself a player, but I trust it will be a fun journey.

I am looking forward to hearing more from all of you as I stumble along.

Now I'll go play with my other keys and see how annoyed the neighbors can get. :)

Hi Sourdoh,

What did you buy? An Anglo? An English? A duet? Brand? Number of buttons? Key?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

(We should warn you it's addictive, but alas it is too late now :P )

Cheers

Morgana

Sorry for the lack of information.

I bought a Lachenal English Treble, 48 key, rosewood ends, metal buttons, brass reeds, green bellows with fancy papers. At some point in it's history the corners of the bellows were patched with gold, and they did all the corners so it looks right. Doug at the Button Box didn't know when that was done. It looks to me like it was quite a bit ago.

I read the posts of who had what insruments. I must admit I got a bit jealous of those able to list several concertinas when I didn't have even one. But now I've started. (Let's see, a steel reeded one for sessions, a baritone for a change of pace...) I can see how this develops. Fortunately that's all too far in the future for me to fret about right now. I'm busy enjoying the one I have.

If I could find a smilie for the "kid at christmas" way I'm feeling, I'd add a dozen of them.

If I could find a smilie for the "kid at christmas" way I'm feeling, I'd add a dozen of them

Congratulations Sourdoh with your concertina!!

After way too long of thinking and wishing, I finally bought a concertina from the Button Box. It arrived today, so I've graduated from dreamer to whatever the next stage should be called.

I hope you keep dreaming! I find it the nicest part of the buying proces (and not expensive!).

So once again, congratulations, keep dreaming and welcome to this community. :D

Henk

I bought a Lachenal English Treble, 48 key, rosewood ends, metal buttons, brass reeds, green bellows with fancy papers.

Sounds like a very good choice for a first instrument. Indeed, I suspect that when your collection grows - as it will - you will still keep this one because you won't want to lose its sweetness of tone. Have fun, you will!

Chris

I bought a Lachenal English Treble, 48 key, rosewood ends, metal buttons, brass reeds, green bellows with fancy papers. At some point in it's history the corners of the bellows were patched with gold, and they did all the corners so it looks right. Doug at the Button Box didn't know when that was done. It looks to me like it was quite a bit ago.

Ah that one is a nice box. I tried it the last time I was over there squeezing through the inventory. Have fun. Don't rush to buy lots more, that will happen soon enough.

Welcome.

Take your time learning and just enjoy the whole process. Maybe you will find some other people with whom to play who won't intimidate you.

Have lots of fun with your new instrument.

Helen