Don't even go there!

wally

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets have your nominations for tunes that should never be played on a concertina (especially those that frequently are) :angry:

For instance I do a rendition of the Eastenders theme tune, should I be publicly flogged.

Wally (a nickname not a description of my personality)

p.s. for those not of our culture the name Wally has become an insult indicating a person of low intelligence.

Do I know you from Monkey Island?

Lets have your nominations for tunes that should never be played on a concertina (especially those that frequently are) :angry:

For instance I do a rendition of the Eastenders theme tune, should I be publicly flogged.

Wally (a nickname not a description of my personality)

p.s. for those not of our culture the name Wally has become an insult indicating a person of low intelligence.

Do I know you from Monkey Island?

This took a little research :huh:

The short answer is no, although I am making a few assumptions.

1 We are talking about a computer game.

2 There is no actual island inhabited by concertina playing monkeys.

3 There is no zoo in the Nederlands with a monkey island that has a resident monkey called Wally.

4 That monkey island is not rhyming slang for 'funky folk band' or something. ;)

I'd like to hear that. :)

What, the EastEnders theme, or Wally's screams as he's publicy flogged? :blink:

No, I think that would have to be Molly as in Flogging Molly the rock band..or are they an alternative group? I bet they have some songs that should go in the list!

I'd like to hear that. :)

What, the EastEnders theme, or Wally's screams as he's publicy flogged? :blink:

No, I think that would have to be Molly as in Flogging Molly the rock band..or are they an alternative group? I bet they have some songs that should go in the list!

Flogging Molly....I quite like their song 'Drunken lullabies'

Apparently they are 'Celtic Punk'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flogging_Molly

Edited by LDT

Fogging Molly....I quite like their song 'Drunken lullabies'

Apparently they are 'Celtic Punk'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flogging_Molly

Ah yes, the Floggin' Mollys....my son came home from school a few years back with one of their CD's. We put it on the Bose in the kitchen and Obi the bulldog who is always lurking there waiting for hand outs, freaked at the wail of the pipes and the general volume level. He tried to get the hell outta there, but his toe nails couldn't get any traction on the floor. Claude and I were doubled over and couldn't breathe. We did have to go find dear Obi when we recovered and tell him it was alright.

Dropkick Murphys are the big punk rock Irish band here at the moment. A very big deal with Red Socks fans :ph34r: . Obi hates them as well. He prefers his Irish Trad.

Edited by Mark Evans

Ah yes, the Floggin' Mollys....my son came home from school a few years back with one of their CD's. We put it on the Bose in the kitchen and Obi the bulldog who is always lurking there waiting for hand outs, freaked at the wail of the pipes and the general volume level. He tried to get the hell outta there, but his toe nails couldn't get any traction on the floor. Claude and I were doubled over and couldn't breathe. We did have to go find dear Obi when we recovered and tell him it was alright.

lol! should have got that on video.

Dropkick Murphys are the big punk rock Irish band here at the moment.

I've heard their song 'Never Alone'...I think it was on some skateboarding game soundtrack

A very big deal with Red Socks fans

red socks? are other coloured socks not good enough? :blink:

Back on topic, how about the theme from the 70s cop show "Van der Valk" ("High Level")? That sounds incredibly cheesy on the concertina. Come to think of it, most TV theme tunes sound pretty awful on any instrument... :rolleyes:

'Maigret' is on the slow learning pile, sounds quite good, but it's accordion originally I think.