Saying goodbye to my Wheatstone Treble #22

Ptarmigan

Yes folks, it's the turn of my beautiful #22:

Wheatstone Treble #22 ~ on eBay

This is moving on, to make way for my next Concertina, an Aeola Baritone. There is just something about the sound of those instruments along with the human voice that just sounds so right.

Anyway, having my Aeola TT now, I just know that this #22 will, no longer receive the proper attention it deserves, so it feels like the right thing to do.

These things are made to be played & I certainly have no desire to become a collector, with my house eventually becoming littered with dusty old, long forgotten Concertinas, rusting away in corners, like an Elephants graveyard! :(

Thanks again to all those folks here who wished me good luck, on my recent Jeffries sale.

I trust this sale will have a similar happy ending. ;)

Cheers

Dick

P.S. It's the Concertina I'm playing in this

Edited by Ptarmigan

Wheatstone Treble #22 ~ on eBay

This is moving on, to make way for my next Concertina, an Aeola Baritone. There is just something about the sound of those instruments along with the human voice that just sounds so right.

Anyway, having my Aeola TT now, I just know that this #22 will, no longer receive the proper attention it deserves, so it feels like the right thing to do.

These things are made to be played & I certainly have no desire to become a collector, with my house eventually becoming littered with dusty old, long forgotten Concertinas, rusting away in corners, like an Elephants graveyard! :(

Thanks again to all those folks here who wished me good luck, on my recent Jeffries sale.

I trust this sale will have a similar happy ending. ;)

Cheers

Dick

Dick

Looks smashing - shame I'm not in the market for a model 22.

Good luck with the baritone - have you identified a candidate? (Maybe you can post some pics of this squeeze when you get it!)

Steve

Dick

Good luck with the baritone - have you identified a candidate? (Maybe you can post some pics of this squeeze when you get it!)

Steve

Thanks Steve. It's a cracker alright.

As for the Baritone:

Oh yes, I have more than my eye on one ...... but Mum's the word, until I get my grubby little paws on it! ;)

After that, I'll be delighted to post a few photos.

Cheers

Dick

Dick

Steve

Thanks Steve. It's a cracker alright.

As for the Baritone:

Oh yes, I have more than my eye on one ...... but Mum's the word, until I get my grubby little paws on it! ;)

After that, I'll be delighted to post a few photos.

Cheers

Dick

Well, there's a fella down under wot has a nice baritone Aeloa for sale. Just seen some loverly pics of it. I wonder if that could be the 'mum's the word' one Dick has his eyes, ears and purse on? Of course, at a £3500 starting price, it ain't cheap and I can't afford it. :( I can't even afford to bid on Dick's lovely Model 22. It would make a nice Xmas present for some up and coming EC player, I am sure. I hope you find a buyer, Dick.

Chris

Well, there's a fella down under wot has a nice baritone Aeloa for sale. Just seen some loverly pics of it. I wonder if that could be the 'mum's the word' one Dick has his eyes, ears and purse on? Of course, at a £3500 starting price, it ain't cheap and I can't afford it. :( I can't even afford to bid on Dick's lovely Model 22. It would make a nice Xmas present for some up and coming EC player, I am sure. I hope you find a buyer, Dick.

Chris

Chris, while it is true, I did ask the dude in Oz about his Baritone, I have actually found one a little closer to home. ;)

All will be revealed in the fullness of time! :)

Hey, I hope my #22 isn't just bought as a Christmas Present, because as everyone here knows:

A Concertina is not just for Christmas ... it's for life! :P

Cheers

Dick

And there I was, thinkin' that my freshly rebuilt Model 21 was the love of my life!!

Ach....NOW what do I do? :unsure: Well...I'll be watching for sure. (seriously)

Fine looking squeeze, that.

(Now WHERE did I hide that checkbook :ph34r: )

Cheers..

Ron

Having tried this instument before Dick bought it, I can vouch that it is a real beauty. Dave Prebble has done a great job on its restoratio and it just need playing and playing and playing..........etc

Having tried this instument before Dick bought it, I can vouch that it is a real beauty. Dave Prebble has done a great job on its restoratio and it just need playing and playing and playing..........etc

Thanks John ..... that £5 note I promised, is in the post, hidden inside a Christmas Card! ;)

But seriously John, believe me, it was a very hard decision to make. :(

However, I know that, now that I have my Aeola TT & as that instrument fits in so well with our group sound, this lovely Treble just wouldn't receive anything like the attention she deserves & I really hate the idea of such a musical gem like this, just sitting around in a box ... it needs to perform.

I just hope I can find it a good home.

Cheers

Dick

Thanks John ..... that £5 note I promised, is in the post, hidden inside a Christmas Card! ;)

I hope you've got my address right, Dick! ;)

Seriously, though, it's always sad to say goodbye to an instrument, even after just a few months. Let's hope it goes to a good home.

Regards,

Peter.

I hope you've got my address right, Dick! ;)

Seriously, though, it's always sad to say goodbye to an instrument, even after just a few months. Let's hope it goes to a good home.

Regards,

Peter.

It is indeed, but I reckon I'll survive, especially once I get my hands on that Baritone.

Then, no doubt, it'll seem like a pretty fair trade & hopefully feel like I've done the right thing.

Now all I have to do is find out how I can trade her indoors up, for a newer model! :lol: :lol:

...... hope she's not a member :ph34r:

Now all I have to do is find out how I can trade her indoors up, for a newer model! :lol: :lol:

...... hope she's not a member :ph34r:

Well sir....What's it worth to ya, that herself not find out??? :o

I sure do fancy that Model 22 of yours...... ;)

Nahhhh, no blackmail HERE!

If I can find that checkbook, I'll bid it fair & square.

But - just thinking.....I'd be going from a 'younger' one to an 'older' one!

(Oh yeh...a man CAN keep two of THOSE)

R

Of course, we could always split the difference ....... & call it £7? :ph34r:

Nah, it's OK, put it towards the baritone.

(I have a hunch about that 'cos I know where there is, or was, an Aeola baritone for sale.)

Good luck!

Hmmm you have a "hunch" eh John? ..... & I thought that was just the way you were standing! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dick