spoons or buttons

Marien

I have never seen this type of pads on the right hand side of a melodeon.

Has anyone?

Marien

Nope, but the thread title is a bit confusing Marien. Spoons would be the odd looking things you find on the left hand (bass) side of some single row melodeons. The thing that is unusual here is the shape of the RH 'pads' which are more usually called pallets (EU) or flappers (US) in button accordion circles. It would have been worth grabbing for it's novelty design if nothing else but I doubt it was a particularly well made thing.

Pete.

I have never seen this type of pads on the right hand side of a melodeon.

We call those things "pallets", and I have seen three button accordions like this. I had one, actually. The make of mine was "Ludwig" and at least one of the others was a Ludwig as well. I can't attest to the third as it was just a photo, not a box-in-the-flesh, but it appeared to be very similar. Probably the only differences are in the size. Mine was a bit smaller (same pallets, color, design, etc.).

-- Rich --

Nope, but the thread title is a bit confusing Marien.

Pete.

Sorry for the confusing title, I should have known that a spoon is for the left hand.

It would have been worth grabbing for it's novelty design if nothing else but I doubt it was a particularly well made thing.

I have two too much of these unplayable boxes for the looks, so I did not feel the need to place a bid...

Edited by marien