All About Accordeons

Snorre

...As I am upgrading from my Stagi, and looking for a midrange concertina, the "Dublin" caught my eye.

Has anyone on the board any experiences with this one?

Hi Snorre,

The Dublin concertina is made by Harry Geuns according to traditional methods. Harry also makes high quality badeneons. In the past he worked together with Wim Wakker at the Concertina Connection, some time before Wim moved to USA. I visited Harry about a year ago for repairs and parts and I played some of his concertina's in Belgium. The action is very fast and light, it has delrin core buttons. They have a fine set of bellows made by Rini Geuns, that do not pull or push themselves. The reeds are very good quality italian accordeon reeds. I would say his concertinas (like Andrew Norman's) are among the best concertina's with accordion reeds I have ever played. It plays light and its weight is light too.

Harry's website is here:

http://www.bandoneon-maker.com/harrygeuns.htm

Best of luck,

Marien

The Dublin concertina is made by Harry Geuns according to traditional methods. Harry also makes high quality badeneons. In the past he worked together with Wim Wakker at the Concertina Connection, some time before Wim moved to USA. I visited Harry about a year ago for repairs and parts and I played some of his concertina's in Belgium. The action is very fast and light, it has delrin core buttons. They have a fine set of bellows made by Rini Geuns, that do not pull or push themselves. The reeds are very good quality italian accordeon reeds. I would say his concertinas (like Andrew Norman's) are among the best concertina's with accordion reeds I have ever played. It plays light and its weight is light too.

Harry's website is here:

http://www.bandoneon-maker.com/harrygeuns.htm

Best of luck,

Marien

I can fully confirm Marien's post. The thing I can add is that I played a Geuns-Wakker (built by Harry Geuns) with pleasure before I sold it some time ago. You can still have a look at the small website (pictures and soundfiles) that I used to promote the selling.