Looking for an original piece of Bach music

Michael Marino

Does anyone know where i can get a copy of the original music of J S Bach "Jesu Joy of Man's Desire". Looking for a copy of the original to set up an arrangement of the piece for a mixed group of instruments including concertina and can't find a copy of the original.

Michael

Does anyone know where i can get a copy of the original music of J S Bach "Jesu Joy of Man's Desire". Looking for a copy of the original to set up an arrangement of the piece for a mixed group of instruments including concertina and can't find a copy of the original.

Michael

If my memory serves me correct, "Jesu Joy of Man's Desire" is a Choral part of Cantate #147 "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" ,BWV147.

Search with these names may help.

This one seems to be a close transcription.

http://www.di-arezzo.co.uk/detail_notice.p...icle=BAREN08213

These are free but I am not sure these are close to original or not:

http://www.classical-scores.com/free/bach-...arteng-241.html

http://www.classical-scores.com/free/bach-...arteng-789.html

Cheers,

--

Taka

Michael

The little "any-level players" orchestra that DH plays in have this one in their repertoire - but that means I only have a copy of the 2nd violin part :-)

It was funny when they started practisiong this piece, the music director who arranged it for the orchestra, is a string player, and the woodwind section were all passing out after the first few minutes .... nowhere to breath at all.

I occasionally join them on cencertina, playing as second oboe, so after a bit I was the only "woodwind" still in the game :lol:

Why oboe? you ask - well a concertina is sort of reedy sounding and the oboe isn't a transposing instrument (unlike the clarinet) so I can read the score, and while the orchestra is often overloaded with flutes, there's only one oboe player ...

Chris

imslp.org has it. You might have to go through their menus. Look under J.S. Bach and then cantatas (#147 as Yagi-san posted). It is a 44 page file. The choral starts in page 23 (pdf file).

ocd

imslp.org has it. You might have to go through their menus. Look under J.S. Bach and then cantatas (#147 as Yagi-san posted). It is a 44 page file. The choral starts in page 23 (pdf file).

ocd

While I was out at a meeting the wife found it at the above web site, but still says thank you and that some of the fun starts much before page 23. My thanks to all and will let you know how things go as this is a bit of a long term project for her (having three children under five does demand a lot of time).

Michael