Recorded Tune Link Page.

no luck. i even downloaded real player all over again thinking i might have outdated rp on my system. the ritchie kay material gets a "general error," same with the tom lawrence material.

The links are OK on my computer: Windows XP / Windows Media Player 10.00.00.3646

As the Recorded Tunes Link Page only provides links to the original sound-files I cannot really help you (I cannot change the format or the settings of the sound-files).

When your local situation is known (PC / Operating System / Browser / Sound Software), maybe C.Netters with similar configurations can give advice :unsure:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C.Netter Nils Meyn was so kind to bring the website of the group he is playing in to my attention.

I have included 2 tunes (samples) in The Recorded Tunes Link Page.

It's another nice example of playing Irish traditional music on an English Concertina!

Thanks Nils ;)

I'm currently getting a box that says 'Clip Not Found,' but, I'll try again later! Could be some unique quirk of my own computer, I suppose.

• 1 month later...

The Recorded Tunes Link Page has been checked and updated.

All links were verified and are OK.

New entries:

• Two ancient Irish tunes by Allison (Animaterra), accompanied by harp (a wonderful combination)
  • Two tunes played by Chris Timson on his Anglo midi
  • The recently uploaded tune by Dave Barnert on his (Bastari) Hayden Duet
  • Last but not least: John Nixon on his EC midi (video!)

So listen and have a look and feel inspired to make your own recordings!

Just in case anyone searches their record collection for an English traditional dance to the tune of 'Pints All Round,' don't! I wrote this tune last Christmas in the hope that, when someone in a session says 'What shall we do next?' some other, unsuspecting innocent will shout 'Pints All Round.' [it has yet to happen]

keeper

EDITED to say: never mind. Figured it out. The Firefox Quicktime plug in does not work on my computer, but it worked fine with Internet Explorer.

Still looking for an answer on how to submit tunes!

Can someone help me with the recorded tunes link page?

When I click on "listen," my browser -- Firefox -- loads the Quicktime add-on, even though Itunes is my default audio player.

Quicktime then misfires, playing just one or two notes of the selection.

Can these tunes only be heard using Quicktime, or is there a way to change settings so Itunes will play them? If the former, is there a way of making Quicktime work properly?

And how does one submit tunes to the recorded tunes link page?

Edited by Jim Besser

And how does one submit tunes to the recorded tunes link page?

Jim,

The "normal" way is that a player publishes his/her tunes on the internet (on their own website). As soon as that is done I will make a link from the Recorded Tune Link Page to the published sound-files.

Second item:

"Keeper" was so motivated by Bellowbelle's reaction ;) ;) that he submitted two new tunes both played on his C/G Anglo (Crabb?).

Listen to the tunes "Down by the Sally Gardens" and "Leap over the Garter".

• 3 weeks later...

Two more links to soundfiles are added to The Recorded Tunes Link Page:

1. Chris Jordan plays on his Lachenal EC a O'Carolan tune "Morgan Magan"
  2. Robin Beech has took up his Wheatstone EC to play a set of polkas: "unknown" / Tom Sullivan's Polka / Newmarket Polka / Yolanta Kruk's Polka.

The last polka's is written by Robin and has been reported in this thread. The first "unknown" polka sounds familiar to me. I might have heard it playing by Henrik during the last SSI :unsure:

Thanks to Chris and Robin for the recordings !

• 2 weeks later...

It has been anoounced by Henrik in another thread:

So, finally!

I have added a few tunes on a "Tunes" page on my site.

So the Recorded Tunes Link Page has been updated with Henrik's tunes. They are a fine example of playing the Irish repertoire on a (very simple) EC, that looks like this:

P2_1.jpg

!!!!

well done Henrik ;)

It has been anoounced by Henrik in another thread:

So, finally!

I have added a few tunes on a "Tunes" page on my site.

So the Recorded Tunes Link Page has been updated with Henrik's tunes. They are a fine example of playing the Irish repertoire on a (very simple) EC, that looks like this:

P2_1.jpg

!!!!

well done Henrik ;)

Thanks, Henk -

I have added two more tunes on the site (I really just want to see if I get you guys into more beer-drinking :D )

Hmmm - I could become an alcoholic by proxy - interesting!

The picture of the Stagi is from an early stage of development. Here is how it looks today:

post-448-1133016512_thumb.jpg

Happy Sunday!

/Henrik

This thread is going to be a monologue form my side B)

Again the Recorded Tunes Link Page has been updated.

This time it is with pleasure that I announce four tunes played by Tom Cunliffe (Brightfield) on his Lachenal EC. You can see his concertina and read about Tom's tunes at his very nice website which offers more interesting material :)