Now You Don't See One of These Every Day

Pete Dunk

Seriously, is it possible to talk about payment in installments?

Even perhaps taking a loan from Chris Algar under some %?

Anybody done this?

I've no idea to be honest; Chris is a nice bloke but he is a (more or less) one man band and has to keep the wolf from the door. My guess is that this might just sell at the starting price, which, although it's a lovely thing, is pretty steep IMO.

If it doesn't sell, he might just be open to offers but I don't think he'd want to start a trend. On the other hand the financial climate is getting harsher and a concertina like this is very much a luxury item.

Pete.

you could always put your resources together and buy it then share it round those who paid in? ;)

We could invent a new party game - Pass the Concertina. You know ...... when the music stops, the person left holding 'tina has to play a tune. :unsure:

you could always put your resources together and buy it then share it round those who paid in? ;)

We could invent a new party game - Pass the Concertina. You know ...... when the music stops, the person left holding 'tina has to play a tune. :unsure:

or play a tune till you get stuck then pass it on :P

Then one greedy sod might hog it all night!

Maybe it would be a great idea for a concertina weekend. A "Beginners group" would probably have the most fun, leading to a "Masterclass" of just two players, one of whom would know, to the second, how much time to spend at the bar!

Chris A says this is from a music hall family, and that he has listed it at a price that merely covers his costs. He is also selling the piccolo aeola English discussed elsewhere 'because he already has an older one'. (the link doesn't work for me but I think the one he's selling is late thirties)

What if he bought ALL the concertinas from 'the music hall family', and they were this one and a 1920's piccolo, which he is keeping? (and perhaps others?). I feel the two sales are linked.

(I have no problem with this, incidentally, seems quite fair to me, I'm just enjoying the detective work!)

(If I had any money spare I'd email him and see if he's suddenly acquired any nice Maccans to dispose of...)

Then one greedy sod might hog it all night!

fine by me. :P

Maybe it would be a great idea for a concertina weekend. A "Beginners group" would probably have the most fun, leading to a "Masterclass" of just two players, one of whom would know, to the second, how much time to spend at the bar!

I thinking for beginners....like me...I get stuck fairly quickly. :)