Initials 'JB'

John Adey

I was looking at an English concertina the other day which had a small brass plate on one side, in the equivalent position to the serial number on the other side,. On the plate were the initials 'JB' in a copperplate type font.

I have a vague hunch I've seen something similar before somewhere - possibly a photograph on C.net(?). Does anyone remember something like that?

The most likely, and obvious, explanation is that these were the initials of a one time owner. But does anyone have any other ideas?

Edited by John Adey

I was looking at an English concertina the other day which had a small brass plate on one side, in the equivalent position to the serial number on the other side,. On the plate were the initials 'JB' in a copperplate type font.

I have a vague hunch I've seen something similar before somewhere - possibly a photograph on C.net(?). Does anyone remember something like that?

The most likely, and obvious, explanation is that these were the initials of a one time owner. But does anyone have any other ideas?

Hi John,A bit of a long shot but it could be connected to John Beare of London(Ithink still in buisness) retailed concertinas at one time. Regards David.