And Speaking Of Noel Hill Events

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goody. I was afraid I'd be odd (wo)man out, but now I know there are other fun, but slightly odd people gonna be there. I figure Rhomylly is probably normal and will have to work at being slightly strange, but she has time.

Helen

Waaaaaaah! I have never been and I can't go this year. :( Maybe next year all of us women should try to get to the same one! Woundn't that be a hoot! Being in Maine I'll probably go to NY, but hey, a trip to the mid-west could be nice.

;) I've participated in the the NY/Mass class since 1996, but this year my work schedule has required that I switch to the Midwest class. So in addition to the challenges Noel gives us, I'm also looking forward to meeting some new squeezers and sharing some tunes.

BTW, anybody know much about the site, Maryknoll?

Have Dipper, will travel!

Oh goody. I was afraid I'd be odd (wo)man out, but now I know there are other fun, but slightly odd people gonna be there. I figure Rhomylly is probably normal and will have to work at being slightly strange, but she has time.

Helen

Helen, I'm as normal as...as you are!

Take that as you want :rolleyes:

>All I know about the site is that it's a Catholic retreat center (usually). Everyone >will have their own room with a sink, and bathrooms are shared.

I believe that's the place where the first Midwest session was held a few years back. If so: gorgeous setting, very comfortable rooms, tolerable food. Many nice places for private outdoor practice sessions. The hills were alive, as it were, with the sound of (concertina) music.

he's listed under the learning section here on c-net, and he's also got his own website at www.noelhill.com

I haven't gone to one of his weeks yet, but from everything I've read I can't wait to go!

No NHICS for me this year. Too much going on this Summer in my line of work (photojournalism). Hope this doesn't mean I'll never be able to get in to the Oregon school again; though strongly considering next Winter in Ireland if that's still on. :ph34r:

This is the 5th year for Noel's class out west. The staff at the Tilikum center has really been terrific. The center has comfortable rooms and great food. There are also plenty of places to hide yourself away and practice to your heart's content. The week is very intense but I always come away with a renewed interest in the instrument - not to mention being inspired by just watching Noel in concert.

Phil - we'll miss seeing you this year. Enjoy Greece!

I wish I was going too, but it's just too far (distance and finances) for this year. I'm hoping the week in Ireland continues and I can make it over there one day.

Please play a tune for me :P

Morgana

I'm all signed up for the Midwest School. Regarding the site, I believe it is going to be in Kentucky near the Cincinnati Airport (which is over the Ohio River in Kentucky) instead of the Catholic retreat center in Milford, Ohio (suburb of Cincinnati) where it has been the last two years.. Regardless, it is Old Home Week for me. Born and raised on a farm in Ohio. University of Kentucy MA and PhD (Go Wildcats!).

See ya there. We'll have a great time. Noel will see to that.