Demographics

LDT

So what's the demographics of players  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think people here are particularly grumpy. But I think it is sort of usually expected on a forum like this, as far as I can see (that enough qualifiers?) that if one is going to contribute regularly, then one should generally know what one is talking about. It is a concertina forum after all, not an agony aunt column!! ;) Maybe that's helpful in explaining apparent grumpiness and no, I'm not over 50.

No I am sure that Dopey and Sleepy and the rest of the dwarves are hear as well. ;)

Alan

No, I've just checked; there are only four votes in the 70+ category.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a crowd of old crochety old squeezers, should there be a prize?

One bit of information the poll missed is beard or not (for the lad of course).

What prize would a 'old squeezer' like? ;)

I don't think people here are particularly grumpy. But I think it is sort of usually expected on a forum like this, as far as I can see (that enough qualifiers?) that if one is going to contribute regularly, then one should generally know what one is talking about. It is a concertina forum after all, not an agony aunt column!! ;) Maybe that's helpful in explaining apparent grumpiness and no, I'm not over 50.

No I am sure that Dopey and Sleepy and the rest of the dwarves are hear as well. ;)

Alan

How come everybody forgets Doc? He's the only one that had any sense! I feel slighted for some reason.

Just to keep with the suggested forum etiquette I posted the picture below.

Looks like Bashful is the one with the tina skills. Now I'm jealeous. :angry: . Too bad they didn't have a dwarf named Jealeous. At least I'd have something in common with one of 'em! :(

snowwhite.jpg

For a crowd of old crochety old squeezers, should there be a prize?

One bit of information the poll missed is beard or not (for the lad of course).

What prize would a 'old squeezer' like? ;)

That's easy, a "young squeezer"! :rolleyes:

Edited by drbones

How come everybody forgets Doc? He's the only one that had any sense! I feel slighted for some reason.

Just to keep with the suggested forum etiquette I posted the picture below.

Looks like Bashful is the one with the tina skills. Now I'm jealeous. :angry: . Too bad they didn't have a dwarf named Jealeous. At least I'd have something in common with one of 'em! :(

snowwhite.jpg

I'm going to have to rewatch snow white now.....I don't remember that scene.

Bashful..now that sounds like me..though I'm not sure I'd be able to pull off the beard though. ;P

Bashful..now that sounds like me..though I'm not sure I'd be able to pull off the beard though. ;P

As any skoolboy kno, *all* dwarfs have beards, even the female ones (allegedly), so you'd fit in perfectly. What I want to know is, why is Dopey the only one of the seven *not* to have a beard - is he a spy from another mythological race?

I'd just like to state that, although my froggy avatar appears to be wearing a skirt, I am not one of the two voters who claimed to be transgender/hermaphrodite. :blink:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

William Shakespeare ~ 'Hamlet'

:ph34r:

hi

so what percentage of any given group are likely to fill in a survey?

chris

well, the more pertinent question, is is the survey representative of the population of concertina.net? probably not...

I'd say DEFINITELY not.

Especially when you consider that only 16 of the current 3,300 members have responded to this poll!

Still, a little light hearted thread every now & then, is fine in my book. ;)

Cheers

Dick

As any skoolboy kno, *all* dwarfs have beards, even the female ones (allegedly), so you'd fit in perfectly. What I want to know is, why is Dopey the only one of the seven *not* to have a beard - is he a spy from another mythological race?

Maybe he answered "Other" to the gender question. <_<

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

William Shakespeare ~ 'Hamlet'

All of a sudden, I've decided to change my avatar...It's quite hard to see what's happening here, but it's a dashing bearded concertinaist snogging a lovely female pianist.

Er, I'm the concertinaist (obviously).

:)

The Snow White/Dwarves/Concertina scene can be found on youtube, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN1BegE3QR0

The "Whistle While You Work" bit takes up the first half of the clip.

So; do we have seven C.net volunteers to play the parts of the seven dwarfs? Ability to play the appropriate instruments preferred. Parts allocated on a first come, first served, basis.

As an aside, does anyone know whether a second dwarf plays concertina? There appears to be an Anglo abandoned on the floor, to the right of the organist :unsure:

So; do we have seven C.net volunteers to play the parts of the seven dwarfs? Ability to play the appropriate instruments preferred. Parts allocated on a first come, first served, basis.

As an aside, does anyone know whether a second dwarf plays concertina? There appears to be an Anglo abandoned on the floor, to the right of the organist :unsure:

I think it is a duet ;)

Alan

Is there a purpose for this poll?

Just asking - Tom

In another debate PeterT said that there was a statistic that most people online are 50+ blokes...I said that explained the grumpyness. And someone else said there wasn't many young people or girls.

And I'd thought I'd see how it balanced out here. I'm hoping there will be a nice even demographic. :) Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Maybe the under 50 females are working and not spending as much time on the net as we over 50 males are.

mike

In Snow White &...:

Moe Howard played the flute

Larry Fine played the fiddle

Curly Joe played the concertina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eApqFL38WuY&fmt=18

Thanks

Leo :P :blink:

What worries me about the results are the two respondents who are "Gender: Other"

Why? Are you afraid of them? Do you think they are going to somehow corrupt you or sexually assault you? Are you so insecure in your own masculinity that you have to make fun of them?

Are you a racist? Would you publicly express your worries if the two respondents were black or Asian, etc? Or are you prejudiced against disabled people? I hope not.

So why pick on people who do not fit in with your safe, 'normal' ideas of binary gender?

Grrr.

And yes - in case you are wondering, I am one of those respondents. Bigoted comments like yours make me so angry.