Demographics

LDT

So what's the demographics of players  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading some coments on another thread wondered the average demographic of this forum.

This place is beginning to look like an OLD FARTS CLUB ........................................ 11.gif

By the way, that particular CAP fits me too! :(

:lol:

After reading some coments on another thread wondered the average demographic of this forum.

This place is beginning to look like an OLD FARTS CLUB ........................................ 11.gif

Well, the trends are currently following the "prediction" which probably triggered the poll. I would expect things to even out a little, but not significantly.

We could, of course, re-open a previous debate about why curve is as it will turn out to be, but maybe LDT (as it's her poll) should be the one to open the debate when it appears that most of the votes have been counted (I'm assuming that there is no end date possible/envisaged).

Is there a purpose for this poll?

Just asking - Tom

In another debate PeterT said that there was a statistic that most people online are 50+ blokes...I said that explained the grumpyness. And someone else said there wasn't many young people or girls.

And I'd thought I'd see how it balanced out here. I'm hoping there will be a nice even demographic. :) Variety is the spice of life and all that.

In another debate PeterT said that there was a statistic that most people online are 50+ blokes...I said that explained the grumpyness. And someone else said there wasn't many young people or girls.

And I'd thought I'd see how it balanced out here. I'm hoping there will be a nice even demographic. :) Variety is the spice of life and all that.

So far the results are a bit disappointing, if that's the hope... But maybe female under-50s players of Duet and English concertinas are just collectively slow to respond to the poll.

hi

so what percentage of any given group are likely to fill in a survey?

chris

Good point!

Perhaps there should be a poll by sex, age group and instrument with the question, "Do you fill in surveys? Yes/No."

:P

Well, I don't normally, but since it's LDT who asked so nicely, I've decided to out myself as one of the vast majority - male angloist over 50 ;)

What worries me about the results are the two respondents who are "Gender: Other" :o

Cheers,

John

Well, I don't normally, but since it's LDT who asked so nicely, I've decided to out myself as one of the vast majority - male angloist over 50 ;)

At the end I might add up the collective years of knowledge on this forum. ;)

I don't think people here are particularly grumpy. But I think it is sort of usually expected on a forum like this, as far as I can see (that enough qualifiers?) that if one is going to contribute regularly, then one should generally know what one is talking about. It is a concertina forum after all, not an agony aunt column!! ;) Maybe that's helpful in explaining apparent grumpiness and no, I'm not over 50.

I don't think people here are particularly grumpy. But I think it is sort of usually expected on a forum like this, as far as I can see (that enough qualifiers?) that if one is going to contribute regularly, then one should generally know what one is talking about. It is a concertina forum after all, not an agony aunt column!! ;) Maybe that's helpful in explaining apparent grumpiness and no, I'm not over 50.

No I am sure that Dopey and Sleepy and the rest of the dwarves are hear as well. ;)

Alan