Today Won't Be A Productive One!

Bill N

After a delay in Customs, my Morse Ceili G/D arrived yesterday, delivered to my workplace. Sadly, I was out of the office. So, arriving at work today I was like a kid on Christmas morning.

It's beautiful! And small, and light! And passages that are difficult and choppy on my Rochelle and Kommie Konzertina just roll off my fingers. And the treble notes don't get lost in the chords. And what a beautiful sound!

I am a very happy camper :P

Now, how am I going to get any work done today?

I've threatened to bring mine to work on the last day before the Christmas holiday...face my fears by playing in public. :unsure:

LDT,

Ok, do as Misha says, and forget "Twinkle, twinkle little star". Substitute "Away in a manger". It's also nice and slow, and I'm sure you know it. In that respect, Christmas carols are just as good as nursery rhymes for learning on.

:rolleyes:

Cheers,

John

After a delay in Customs, my Morse Ceili G/D arrived yesterday, delivered to my workplace. Sadly, I was out of the office. So, arriving at work today I was like a kid on Christmas morning.

It's beautiful! And small, and light! And passages that are difficult and choppy on my Rochelle and Kommie Konzertina just roll off my fingers. And the treble notes don't get lost in the chords. And what a beautiful sound!

I am a very happy camper :P

awesome! enjoy your concertina. who needs a day of productivity? in fact, now that you have the concertina, you dont even need a job :lol:

the real question is how are any of your co-workers going to get anything done with jigs blasting out of the next door cubicle...

by dancing and working, of course!

I've threatened to bring mine to work on the last day before the Christmas holiday...face my fears by playing in public. :unsure:

do it. prepare a couple christmas songs, flub threw them, repeat next year. it's what we concertina players do!

flub threw them, repeat next year. it's what we concertina players do!

flub threw? :blink:

What we on this side of the Pond would call "busking it", I'd guess?

"Muddle through," perhaps? That's what I do, anyway :(

Cheers,

John

Wing-ing it, or blagging it do you mean?

the real question is how are any of your co-workers going to get anything done with jigs blasting out of the next door cubicle...

Fortunately, no cubicles here. I work in a museum housed in a former estate, so I retreat to the "Chauffer's Quarters" for my daily lunch time practice. That's important, as one of my employee's definition of "perfect pitch" for the concertina is when it doesn't hit the sides of the dumpster :lol:

It really does feel like a bit of an obsession. I played 4 hours on Wed., and 3 hours yesterday! And my darling wife just left today on a French Immersion programme, so I have the house to myself for 3 weeks! I'll banish loneliness with the concertina!

Is she giving you a subtle hint?

I admit that the timing is suspicious. But she actually bought me my Rochelle, and has been very encouraging over the past few months. I hope that with the deeper, lovely tone of the Morse, and my improving playing that she will continue to be encouraging.

I spoke to her by phone last night, and she said she misses hearing me play. (At least I think that's what she said. She's not allowed to speak English until her programme is finished, and my French comprehension is far from parfait!)

.................did you get a G/D ,Bill ? Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes I did. I'm hoping to come to the Cambridge session on Nov. 9, so I can show it off to you then. I'm busy putting my lazy right hand to work, and attempting some left hand accompaniment. Much easier to do when I can hear the melody above the chords.

Bill

Edited by Bill N

On the topic of the original post, I had a rather disappointing experience today. I got home to find one of those notes from the post office - tried to deliver parcel but you were out, so come to the depo to collect it. I'm not expecting any parcel other than my Jackie concertina that I ordered last week, so I was quite excited! Sadly, after the long walk into town, I was told that they couldn't find it :( Apparently it's probably still in a delivery van and I should come back tomorrow...

They open at 7, so if I manage to stay up all night tonight watching the US elections then I'll head back into town first thing before uni ^^