Soggy Bread

The real reason is that , when we Silver Surfers were your age, there was no Internet, so we have a lot to catch up on - and not much time left to do so. ;)

Maybe it's as well that we don't know how much time we have left :unsure: .

If someone had tried to explain to me, 30 years ago, about the Internet, as we know it, I think it would have been beyond my comprehension. Yet someone(s) obviously had the vision and talent to make it happen. There are many positives about the Internet, which has enabled me to "meet" many people who I will probably never physically meet, and exchange views in places like this forum.

It also enabled me to meet the dearest friend I could ever wish to have. When I bemoaned my "advancing years" (although I still think of myself as a teenager, desparately trying to understand, and come to terms with, the world), her response was along the lines of "plan for the future, live for today".

In many respects, I think that the Internet has made age far less relevant, and we are all "individuals", with varying levels of experience, skills and expertise.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LDT

That's why I'm avoiding the high street at the moment. Too many kids just getting in the way.

Grumpy in training :lol:

I can't wait to be old and retired. An excuse to sit at home and do nothing, be unsocialble and grumpy etc.

We've EARNED it. raising young'uns. :(

Let's see; today we have television, jet planes, space travel, nuclear energy, computers. You're right, it's true that we didn't have those things when we were young. We invented them. What are the youth of today doing for the next generation?

Reminds me of the poem 'When I am old I will wear purple'.

You could join the Pink Hats until you're old enough. :P

Thanks

Leo :D

Edited by Leo

Not sure I'm entirely clear on what this thread is about....it seems to be a discussion on ages. and soggy bread, which is a more than a little unappetizing. However, I do think I'll go help myself to some of the wonderful bread that my Mom baked today. She's called the Bread Lady, and for good reason! Yum!

Drat, now I'm all hungry.

Anyway, ages; from what I can tell LDT and I seem to be the youngest regular posters......she at 22, and me at 16. Hmm. I must say though, as nice as you all are it's been quite fun having another girl close-ish (relatively) to my age on these forums! I've found posts by younger members, but only a few and not very often or consistently.

I read this thread about soggy bread, then returned to the list of topics to find one about slow rolls. Does concertina playing affect the diet? :rolleyes: :unsure:

I did likewise, and thought that perhaps I'd logged into some kind of food forum, in error!

I read this thread about soggy bread, then returned to the list of topics to find one about slow rolls. Does concertina playing affect the diet? :rolleyes: :unsure:

I did likewise, and thought that perhaps I'd logged into some kind of food forum, in error!

They call them Baps over here. The bread thingys that is, not the ornaments! ;)

If you go to Aberdeen too, you must try their 'Butterys'.

We have both baps and rolls!

On the numerous occasions when I was down in Aberdeen, it was generally to catch the train back to London. So; did I miss out on something?

On the numerous occasions when I was down in Aberdeen, it was generally to catch the train back to London. So; did I miss out on something?

Aye, ye did. ;)

Here's a Photo

They are best eaten hot .... with butter melting over them ... & of course they are very good for your figure.

i.e. The more you eat, the more figure you will have. :rolleyes:

Aye, ye did. ;)

Here's a Photo

They are best eaten hot .... with butter melting over them ... & of course they are very good for your figure.

i.e. The more you eat, the more figure you will have. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I think I've seen one or two, in passing, and thought that they looked like Eccles cakes, without the currants. The latter would obviously be better for the diet, since the currants would count as one of the "five a day" (a bit like having a cream cake, with a slice of kiwi fruit on top!).

Well ....... I'm sitting here with a coffee; anyone going to pop over with a couple of cakes?

Well ....... I'm sitting here with a coffee; anyone going to pop over with a couple of cakes?

Your making me hungry..all round yours for tea then? (wherever that is?)

Well, I don't know about all, as I only have a tiny house. Still; there is plenty of nearby parking, so I guess we could have more than one "sitting".

A couple of times, I've managed to accommodate 8 musicians (7 ladies, plus myself :) ). Those C.net members who have visited will probably say "How?". It was extremely cosy, and serving teas/coffees was a bit like negotiating an obstacle course :rolleyes: . 4 musicians is probably the optimum number (with no music stands!).

The roving concertina player "somewhere in England".

Not sure I'm entirely clear on what this thread is about....

Maybe this is like the Jerry Seinfeld TV show, a thread about nothing and that's what makes it what it is..or...isn't?!?

At any rate, it seems to be really something considering it started with nothing...or is it? :blink:

Not sure I'm entirely clear on what this thread is about....

Maybe this is like the Jerry Seinfeld TV show, a thread about nothing and that's what makes it what it is..or...isn't?!?

At any rate, it seems to be really something considering it started with nothing...or is it? :blink:

I notice the bold Michael is conspicuous by his absence ! :unsure:

I guess he just kind of lit the touch paper ... and ran! .... kind of appropriate action for this time of year, I guess! ;)

Edited by Ptarmigan

I guess he just kind of lit the touch paper ... and ran! .... kind of appropriate action for this time of year, I guess! ;)

I'm sure that Michael is keeping a watching brief; ready to pounce in the unlikely event that we stray "off topic".

I'm sure that Michael is keeping a watching brief; ready to pounce in the unlikely event that we stray "off topic".

You mean there's a TOPIC! :blink:

Anyway, ages; from what I can tell LDT and I seem to be the youngest regular posters......she at 22, and me at 16. Hmm. I must say though, as nice as you all are it's been quite fun having another girl close-ish (relatively) to my age on these forums! I've found posts by younger members, but only a few and not very often or consistently.

I'm a girl too! Sort of. A kind of older girl thing. :ph34r: