Sign in to follow this  
Tom Hall

Missing Serial Number

Recently a friend asked me to act as broker in the sale of his Wheatstone EC. Where one would usually find the number has nothing in it. I then removed the ends to look inside, but found no marks or writing save for a lettr "R" stamped on one reed pan, and two "Ls" handwritten on the other.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks - Tom

Recently a friend asked me to act as broker in the sale of his Wheatstone EC. Where one would usually find the number has nothing in it. I then removed the ends to look inside, but found no marks or writing save for a lettr "R" stamped on one reed pan, and two "Ls" handwritten on the other.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks - Tom

Tom,I'm not sure whether this will help.After years of not knowing what my Linota's number might be I noticed it purely by chance as it is very faint.When the two halves of the action enclosure are taken apart it is lightly stamped on the top edge of the bottom half of the two pieces,where they would butt up to each other.On the "one o clock" section and only on the right hand end.Hope that makes sense,might be worth a close look.Sorry I don't have a picture handy it might have been less confusing.Regards David.