Jeffries Parts On Ebay

I looked at the listing and do not think that the ends are Jeffries make because the filigree work looks wrong. They don't match any of the Jeffries models I've ever owned or seen. Hopefully our resident experts will kick in later with a more definitive answer.

Ross Schlabach

I doublechecked this listing against my 28 button Jeffries and the end plates are not similar to this eBay listing. As has been pointed out many times, there was a time when people would restamp ends with C. Jeffries Maker. I also wonder why the two reed pans look so different. One side is stamped R2 and the other isn't stamped at all. I think it is safe to say these two reed pans are from different instruments. Too bad cause this might make a decent basis for a restored instrument -- at a reasonable price. Of course the big worry would be what do the reeds sound like??

Ross Schlabach

As has already been said the important thing here is the reeds,but as far as the ends go,they look like they could be nickel plated brass.I think I remember Stephen C saying jeffries were only made with solid german silver and not plated german silver like Wheatstone used.David