Layaway?

pastlifeasakite

Any retailers/people known for this compassionate service? I've been playing a cheap chinese anglo for quite some time and have been dying to get my hands on a box with 'real concertina reeds and all the accidentals but only have the means to pay in..say 2 or 3 hundred dollar "chunks" at a time. Any lower end lachenal,jonesetc in need of a good home?

p.s.-obviusly wouldn't expect to receive the instrument untill it was fully payed for.

I recommend to you an invention known as the "piggy bank".

Drop the few hundred at a time chunks into this invention.

It works just like a layaway. When the piggy bank contains sufficient for a concertina purchase, break it open and use the money to buy the instrument of your dreams!

Button Box do some sort of rental scheme. Otherwise, if you can find a financial institution not teetering on the brink of collapse I'm sure they would be happy to offer you interest in exchange for caring for your money in the meantime. Given the current economic climate I wouldn't be expecting the price of concertinas to increase in the way they have in the past, so I shouldn't worry about price going up while you save.

Chris

Button Box do some sort of rental scheme. Otherwise, if you can find a financial institution not teetering on the brink of collapse I'm sure they would be happy to offer you interest in exchange for caring for your money in the meantime. Given the current economic climate I wouldn't be expecting the price of concertinas to increase in the way they have in the past, so I shouldn't worry about price going up while you save.

Chris

i've always made a habit of avoiding banks and the like at all costs, but i apricieate the reassurance as far as the prices go.Listen to me vintage concertina prices! you just stay put and wait for me a while!

p.s. How much of a difference in smoothness of action etc. is really there between the cheaper mahagony lachenels and the higher end rosewood ones? I know it verys from box box, but any sort of general rule?