Lachenal Rosewood 30 Key C/g Anglo

malcolm clapp

I am selling a Lachenal 30 key C/G anglo for Australian $2,350 including postage worldwide. (That's a bit under 1000 pounds or US$1,750).

The finely cut rosewood ends have no cracks, neither do the action boards or reedpans. The pads, valves and handstraps are new, and tuning is concert pitch A:440. Reeds are steel and buttons *pretend* bone. Bellows are 6 fold originals with star papers.

I would describe the condition as close to mint. There is *very slight* wear to the french polishing from errant pinkies near the extreme highest and lowest buttons. The only other fault is that the bellows papers are a little stained from, I would imagine, an over-enthusiastic application of leather dressing at some point, but the bellows seem to be holding together OK with no leaks and a new set of bellows papers is not prohibitive in price for the decoratively minded!

Photos available upon request from mclapp@bigpond.net.au, along with any questions you may like to ask.

Regards

Malcolm Clapp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This concertina is now sold, but I will have another similar one ready shortly.

Currently has aluminium buttons, which look surprisingly original, but will be replaced with something a little more tasteful...unless somebody can convince me that they are of immense historic value :blink:

Regards to all,

Malcolm Clapp.

I'd like to see a good high-res scan of the concertina with aluminum buttons, that sounds interesting. As most of you here probably know, aluminum was quite expensive before a process was discovered in 1886 that allowed it to be cheaply extracted from ore using electrolysis. Was this concertina from the "expensive aluminum" era?

http://education.jlab.org/itselemental/ele013.html

As most of you here probably know, aluminum was quite expensive before a process was discovered in 1886 that allowed it to be cheaply extracted from ore using electrolysis.  Was this concertina from the "expensive aluminum" era?

I doubt that the instrument would be from the early days of "cheap" aluminum.

... This post explains why.