Virtual Fleadh Nua 2002

Hi all,

I came across the site the other day and thought you might be interested. It's a recording of the Aos Óg Concert, Friday 24 April 2002, that was held at the Glór Irish Music Centre in Ennis.

Virtual Fleadh Nua 2002

Seperated into two real audio files (approx an hour each), the concert seemed to be designed to showcase new up and coming talent. There is some great concertina playing during the beginning of the first half of the concert, and also all round good music for most of the rest.

[Warning - there is a children's production of a short play taking up approx half of the second part. I'm sure it would have been great if I'd been there to see what was going on, and if I spoke Gaelic :)]

Enjoy :D

Morgana

I came across the site the other day and thought you might be interested. It's a recording of the Aos Óg Concert, Friday 24 April 2002, that was held at the Glór Irish Music Centre in Ennis.

Hi Morgana.

Sounds familiar to me:

BTW: you can listen to the fleadh nua concert of 2002 at http://fleadhnua.ennis.ie/virtual_aosog.htm

The second tune of the first part features nice concertina-playing.

For those who have the opportunity, this years fleadh nua will be at: Ennis County Clare - 24th to 31st May 2004.

It was in a previous thread

I'm glad you like it! I was once there long ago and it was the moment I fell in love with the concertina. You should go there once.

This morning very early (4:00) I was staring at the Albert Park in Melbourne :o ! It was the start of the F1 season and while looking at the Schumacher's, Alonzo's and whatever you have, I studied "Over the moor to Maggie". At the end of the race I managed to play the tune within the lap-time of Schummie (1 min. 22 sec.), so I more or less won this first Grand Prix :lol: !

Henk

Henk - you're right, it was in a previous thread - my apologies :)

Congratulations with winning the Grand Prix :lol:

Cheers

Morgana :D

Henk - you're right, it was in a previous thread - my apologies :)

No prolem at all Morgana. The more attention for this event, the better. This year's Fleadh Nua is very close, but maybe next year it could be an opportunity for those who love the Irish nusic to meet and have a party!!

I have some friends living in Ennis so I could organise "something".

Henk