New Member - Advice Required

Steve Fox

I am new to the forum and have a confession to make. I'm a melodeon player :o but I am looking to have a go at the Anglo concertina. Can anyone offer me any advice on what a good beginner's instrument might be? Your advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

I am new to the forum and have a confession to make. I'm a melodeon player :o but I am looking to have a go at the Anglo concertina. Can anyone offer me any advice on what a good beginner's instrument might be? Your advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

You'll be amazed to discover that a good concertina costs a lot more than a good melodeon.

Where do you live?

Phil

Just noticed....Wakefield.

Have a look at what's on offer in places like the Music Room or PJs music.

If you buy one of those cheap Anglos that you often see in music shop windows then you'll find that it will die just as your enthusiasm starts to kick in.

Personally, mine comes from Marcus Music here in South Wales and I love it with all of my heart.

If you play melodeon already you'll have few problems learning Anglo as they are so similar.

Do you play for Morris .....if so then you might consider buying a D/G concertina as they really make life easy.

Otherwise, get a C/G for a really bright sound.

You can spend a fortune on a concertina......most are hand made instruments most are gorgeous.....most have what appears to be Swiss watch technology inside.

When I win the lottery next week I'll probably buy something special.....possibly with the word Wheatstone written on it somewhere.

Others here will give you different opinions, but only you know what is inside your bank account.

You can spend a fortune on a concertina......most are hand made instruments most are gorgeous.....most have what appears to be Swiss watch technology inside.

When I win the lottery next week I'll probably buy something special.....possibly with the word Wheatstone written on it somewhere.

Thanks for the advice, Phil. Good luck with the lottery next week. Any chance of knowing what your numbers are? <_<

Steve