Talk Like A Pirate Day

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow, Sept 19th, is "Talk Like A Pirate Day." (No, I'm not kidding, look it up!)

Since the concertina is often part of the general smush of popular "pirate-related" things, how are you planning on celebrating? Yarr! :ph34r:

Arrgghhh me hearties

Tomorrow, Sept 19th, is "Talk Like A Pirate Day." (No, I'm not kidding, look it up!)

Since the concertina is often part of the general smush of popular "pirate-related" things, how are you planning on celebrating? Yarr! :ph34r:

I'll be asking, Er. Demanding. The usual Pieces of Eight as renumeration. ;)

Chas

I am always talking like a pirate; swearing and spitting on the ground every minute or so :lol: But it would be in Dutch (the swearing not the spitting). Yes there were many Dutch pirates as well. People tend to think that they all spoke English and that their main port (or nest) was in Hollywood - the greatest pirate being Johnny Depp of course :P

But what worries me is who made up such a silly day (Hollywood to promote their films?), and why does this thread appear on concertina.net (does Fiddlehead Fern has connections with the film industry?), but that what worries me most is why the hell I bothered to reply myself! :wacko:

You mean there is a special day? I thought every day was talk like a pirate day for concertina players! (I guess that's just me) :( .

We played the Sailor's Hornpipe on Wednesday for the folks and our sponsor, the Crusty Crab (Original location in Bikini Bottom) requires a comercial plug. I do my best Mr. Crabs voice and the rest of the Lads (and one lass) do hearty "Aarghs" through out the pitch. That's pretty much pirate stuff for the Obi's. Hope it counts. I shall endevor to pass the word to me colleagues today. Shiver me timbers!

Edited by Mark Evans

Yes there were many Dutch pirates as well. People tend to think that they all spoke English and that their main port (or nest) was in Hollywood - the greatest pirate being Johnny Depp of course

you mean they don't all look like Johnny Depp? :blink:

But what worries me is who made up such a silly day

there was a guy in Treasure Island who started off the hollywood version of pirate talk and its something to do with his death I think...it was on QI.

We played the Sailor's Hornpipe on Wednesday for the folks and our sponsor, the Crusty Crab (Original location in Bikini Bottom) requires a comercial plug. I do my best Mr. Crabs voice and the rest of the Lads (and one lass) do hearty "Aarghs" through out the pitch. That's pretty much pirate stuff for the Obi's. Hope it counts. I shall endevor to pass the word to me colleagues today. Shiver me timbers!

was spongebob squarepants there?

I think I will have to change my icon to something suitably pirate-ish

Edited by LDT

Avast, ye lubbers, and belay yer tongues! Bo'sun, pipe all hands to the concertinas, and we'll give 'em a broadside (...ballad)! Splice the mainbrace, Mr. Mate, and we'll skylark!!

em...

or was that talking like the Navy?

Oops! It's eight bells. Time to sling my hammock.

Cheers,

John