Where Are The Concertina Players?

If you were to find 3-5 places in the world, where are the most concentrated areas of concertina players? Why?

1 out of how many people play concertina in our world? Your guess....? (accordion players don`t count)..... :rolleyes:

That's easy: BUCKSTEEP MANOR in Western Massachusetts next weekend! (Northeast Squeeze-In, wish I could be there!)

Oh, you mean which COUNTRY? Ireland, I suppose.

Guest Peter Laban

I think there's a good score around here, the dozen houses along the two miles of my road hold at least three concertina players. When my son was in National (primary) School there were eight or nine children on the concertina out of a 50 pupil school.

If you were to find 3-5 places in the world, where are the most concentrated areas of concertina players? Why?

1 out of how many people play concertina in our world? Your guess....? (accordion players don`t count)..... :rolleyes:

My wild guess would be 1 out of 25000.....in comparison to 1 in 25 for guitar players. I like to think in those terms because it makes ya feel special!! Countries...Ireland, England & maybe Germany. It seems abit odd to be playing the concertina around where I live, but Im proud of it and think it very underestimated as to its usage in putting out great music!!!

Where have all the concertina players gone

Long time passing

Long time ago

They've gone to pub sessions, every one.

Oh when will they ever learn

Oh when will they ever learn.

Isn't that a song by Peter Paul and Mary?

There are lots of us, relatively speaking, in my part of California (the San Francisco Bay Area). I know of around 50 players and I'm sure there are others.

Daniel

My wild guess would be 1 out of 25000.....in comparison to 1 in 25 for guitar players. I like to think in those terms because it makes ya feel special!! Countries...Ireland, England & maybe Germany. It seems abit odd to be playing the concertina around where I live, but Im proud of it and think it very underestimated as to its usage in putting out great music!!!