4 Minutes Of Edel Fox

I have placed a 4 minute video with Edel Fox on YouTube. Recorded in Teach Cheoil - the old protestant church in Kilrush, converted to concert hall and used by Comhaltas.

Done with a Canon IXUS 70 and shaking hands. The soundtrack has been replaced with a cut from the Edirol recording I ran through the whole concert, so quality is as good as it can be:

Dynamite, IMHO!

/Henrik

She taught the multipart reel in 2007 as a Paddy Canny Version of "The New Road". Said she learnt it from Patrick Orceau.

That concert was wonderful, as were many of the events held in that venue. Thank you Henrik, for the post.

Edel Fox, anyone else? No?

OK - try this

Micheal O'Raghallaigh in a very relaxed concert at Eigse Mrs. Crotty. Good stuff - and btw, the microphones were off: a lot of potential audience was at another concert, the church was only half full, so he chose to switch off the microphones, hence the sound is "as is".

The tunes are "The Maid of the Green" (I think), "Trip to Athlone" and "The Hag with the Money".

More to come -

/Henrik

Edited by Henrik Müller

Thank you for making the effort to share and post both of those clips. Wonderful music. If you have more, I would love to see them on YouTube.

Yvonne

Hi, Yvonne -

Appreciate your comment - yes, more will follow, probably during next week :) - should make everyone happy ;)

/Henrik

I have placed a 4 minute video with Edel Fox on YouTube. Recorded in Teach Cheoil - the old protestant church in Kilrush, converted to concert hall and used by Comhaltas.

Anyone know the name of the first tune?

I've checked the full audio recording where Edel introduces the tunes: its is "Farewell to Milltown Malbay", Junior Crehan. Second one "The New Road"

/Henrik

She taught the multipart reel in 2007 as a Paddy Canny Version of "The New Road". Said she learnt it from Patrick Orceau.

That concert was wonderful, as were many of the events held in that venue. Thank you Henrik, for the post.

Edel Fox, anyone else? No?

OK - try this

Micheal O'Raghallaigh in a very relaxed concert at Eigse Mrs. Crotty. Good stuff - and btw, the microphones were off: a lot of potential audience was at another concert, the church was only half full, so he chose to switch off the microphones, hence the sound is "as is".

The tunes are "The Maid of the Green" (I think), "Trip to Athlone" and "The Hag with the Money".

More to come -

/Henrik

More is here: I have placed two new clips on YouTube:

• Mícheál Ó Raghallaigh - reels this time (surprise, surprise)

• Tom Carey and Mariréad Considine - also from Éigse Mrs. Crotty

Mícheál:

- length: 5min 39sec

Tom and Mairéad:

- length: 6min 28sec

Make sure you enjoy Tom's relaxed tempo ;) - and Mairéad's cool shoes...

/Henrik

More ! More ! Thanks Henrik. Will have to take your word on the shoes- couldn't make them out
Should I post a close-up?

/Henrik

Still more to come...

Hi, Larryo - I think the term is "polka dot"...

Anyway - two more:

Gerald Haugh and Sharon O'Leary:

- and a soon-to-be-mother Katie O'Sullivan:

/Henrik

The final act comes next week -

Done with a Canon IXUS 70 and shaking hands. The soundtrack has been replaced with a cut from the Edirol recording I ran through the whole concert, so quality is as good as it can be:

Dynamite, IMHO!

/Henrik

Thanks Henrik that's a great recording. Talk about body, heart, mind and spirit all fused together, it grabs you , She's A STAR! And I'm just an old curmudgeon when it come to some of these young hotshots!

Mike

I have placed a 4 minute video with Edel Fox on YouTube... etc

- and I have now finished processing and uploading videos from Mrs. Crotty on YouTube.

The last two are here:

Katie O'Sullivan, "The Morning Thrush":

The final tune of the Concertina Recital, "Christmas Eve" with:

Bláthnaid ni Caba, Katie O'Sullivan, Ernestine Healy and Jack Talty:

/Henrik

Hi Henrik,

thanks for posting so much beauty. Have you been attending classes too? Whose class have you been in? Did the teachers accept the EC? How was the teaching concept for the EC?

Dirk, also trying Irish music on EC

Hi, Dirk - no, I don't attend classes; I am quite happy attending the concerts and playing sessions.

Maíread mentioned that there was a girl with an EC attending her class,

but I don't think she was sure what to do with her.

For obvious reasons, only anglo is taught - not that ECs are un-welcome, but I don't think there is much help to get.

/Henrik

Edited to elaborate a little more

Edited by Henrik Müller