Bb/f Crabb Anglo For Sale

David Levine

I have a Crabb, C. 1910, 39 Button Bf/F in very good condition that I am offering for sale.

The serial number is 8929. Most pads, springs, straps and tuning have been done within the past ten years.

The original bellows is in good shape with no patches or leaks.

The gold tooling is faded but aside from that they are very sound.

This concertina needs no work at all. It looks good and plays like a great vintage concertina.

I am asking $7,500 (€5,300/£4,270). I will offer a donation to Cnet if the sale comes from this post.

I'll be happy to send more pictures. Pictures are being hosted off site so I'm not using bandwidth here.

leftnt0.th.jpg

rightav1.th.jpg

bellowsnj3.th.jpg

lftreedpanao2.th.jpg

rtreedpangt4.th.jpg

bellowsinsidefg9.th.jpg

Edited by David Levine

David,

I've always wanted a Bb/F 'tina. Unfortunately, the economic downtown has reduced my portfolio by about 66%. At age sixty I don't think I will be able to make that up in wages anytime soon so my only hope is that this country get out of the war and reduce our dependence on oil all together. Then, my retirement fund may have a chance. All I want to do is to be able to travel across the USA and camp, hike, bike, canoe. kayak and see all of the natural wonders we have in the western hemisphere. That isn't asking too much is it now?

Steve

David,

I've always wanted a Bb/F 'tina. Unfortunately, the economic downtown has reduced my portfolio by about 66%. At age sixty I don't think I will be able to make that up in wages anytime soon so my only hope is that this country get out of the war and reduce our dependence on oil all together. Then, my retirement fund may have a chance. All I want to do is to be able to travel across the USA and camp, hike, bike, canoe. kayak and see all of the natural wonders we have in the western hemisphere. That isn't asking too much is it now?

Steve

Hey Steve, good luck with your quest for a Bb/F, but I'm curious, on that trip, will you be taking your Bb/F Concertina with you, in your canoe. kayak? :blink:

;)

Sorry David, that Lotto ticket wasn't lucky for me this week either. :(

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

Hey Steve, good luck with your quest for a Bb/F, but I'm curious, on that trip, will you be taking your Bb/F Concertina with you, in your canoe. kayak? :blink: ;)

Cheers

Dick

Well, not in the canoe or the kayak. I don't think that much humidity would be good for it. I splash alot in the canoe and I tip alot in the Kayak.

But, since I don't have the money it won't be any issue one way or the other.

Things would be different if I could have convinced my wife to let me sell off the portfolio and move to Canada four years ago when I thought that it was going to be good thing to get out from under the National Debt. My family's (four members) is approximately $140,000 and at the rate the money is being spent for the wars and the natural catastrophes.....who knows how quickly that figure will increase.

Hey Steve, good luck with your quest for a Bb/F, but I'm curious, on that trip, will you be taking your Bb/F Concertina with you, in your canoe. kayak? :blink: ;)

Cheers

Dick

Well, not in the canoe or the kayak. I don't think that much humidity would be good for it. I splash alot in the canoe and I tip alot in the Kayak.

But, since I don't have the money it won't be any issue one way or the other.

Things would be different if I could have convinced my wife to let me sell off the portfolio and move to Canada four years ago when I thought that it was going to be good thing to get out from under the National Debt. My family's (four members) is approximately $140,000 and at the rate the money is being spent for the wars and the natural catastrophes.....who knows how quickly that figure will increase.

Our government is working hard at getting us into debt too. You may be better where you are, especially as they look like getting a majority in a few weeks.

You may be better where you are, especially as they look like getting a majority in a few weeks.

I think VP candidate Sarah Palin has thrown quite a wrench into the likely hood of an economically beneficial outcome for obtaining a majority in the upcoming presidential race.

We are more like a nation of sheep that follow the sheep dog into the wolves den and sarah is the election's sheep dog. When did style take over for substance?

I don't want to get a political debate or argument going here so please refrain from responding and we'll just let it go if possible.

I think VP candidate Sarah Palin has thrown quite a wrench into the likely hood of an economically beneficial outcome for obtaining a majority in the upcoming presidential race.

I don't want to get a political debate or argument going here so please refrain from responding and we'll just let it go if possible.

Possibly the political event most likely to spark interest on this site would be removal (or.. .. *shudder* .. .. ..increase) of the import duties attracted by concertinas!

On politics and this site I can speak only for myself s2maur. My interest in Sarah Palin (on this site) goes no further than does she play concertina, or actively encourage/support the playing of concertina? (Many members will be aware that HRH QEII actively encourages and supports playing of the Great Highland Bagpipe, and that this has positive results for piping in general)

Failing that, does she (or any other public figure) play/support any other free reed instrument? Or another instrument often used for Anglo-Celt traditional music alongside concertina? (ie, fiddle, tin whistle, harp, banjo, etc), or failing that, ANY musical instrument whatsoever?

(Minor) Collateral interest in any government's policies: Would they intend to "block" or otherwise impact on concertina.net or the access to this site by members in their country?

The reason for this site's existence (concertina playing) is a skill which once acquired, cannot be removed from you by any means political or economic. It is a skill and can be taken from one by physical impairment only.

You may be richer than the Sultan of Brunei, or lose every last razoo in your abovementioned portfolio, I'll be equally prepared to talk concertina with you, swap (or give) music, tips, critique playing style and even share instruments.