Jeffries

MUTT

Just in case no one has tumbled onto this one yet:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=62445

yikes. blast from the past, that is either the dead ringer (and a pretty rare one) for the first box I ever bought, or the very one. Wish I still owned it, and you wouldn't believe what I originally paid... sob...

Edited by gavdav

I can vouch for the person selling this instrument. He is a fine player and has only top notch instruments. He is absolutely correct in the statement about 26 keys being enough to play tunes, and I kick myself for not buying a 26 key Jeffries I had in my hands years ago.

Az, since you would like to know I will tell you anyway. The C#/Eb (aka Db/D#) button is the first. The G# button is the second from the right, on the press. The draw is G.

Thanks for the kind words. It is a lovely instrument, in perfect condition.

Ah, there you go, thanks, I'm such a curious person :-)

I used to have a 26 button G/D very similar to this. Lovely box. The wooden ends gave it a really nice tone. It's true, you will get a long way on 26 buttons, though English musicians would probably want more eventually. The low E/F button that is one of the missing ones is very useful in forming chords and playing oom-pah accompaniments and such.

Chris