Road Trip!

Hello all.

I am currently visiting my grandparents in Wisconsin.

The other day I was sitting with my mom, playing concertina for a bit to pass the time...it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, my chair was comfortable, the wind was blowing across my face, I had my feet up, and the lovely Ohio countryside was whizzing by the window of the car. (I was a passenger, don't worry!! ;) ) I have found that the concertina is the best instrument to play while riding along the Ohio Turnpike in your Mom's '81 VW Rabbit. :lol:

The previous owner had ripped out the radio and cassette player, so if we were going to have any music on the way it would have to be live.......the van that slowed down while passing no doubt wondered what on creation they were seeing! :unsure: "Hmm, now what was in that soda from the rest stop?!?"

(And playing "Nearer My God to Thee...")

I was lying in bed, last night (12.30 am) ..... heard the tell-tale squeal of tyres followed by squeal of tyres, followed by screech of brakes, followed by the inevitable crunch .... followed by much shouting! 7 minutes before the emergency services arrived.

Maybe the drivers over here were trying it, too. :unsure:

Regards,

Peter.

You haven't lived until you've played flute (left-hand drive car) or whistle driving down the road at 70MPH, steering with your knees.

(And playing "Nearer My God to Thee...")

Wow. :o

Umm, I think I'll just continue my boring existence and stick to the concertina in the passenger's seat........

Although, my dear parents did decide that I can get a learners permit when I get home, back east, yay!

As soon as I turned 16 everyone started asking me, "So you're 'sweet sixteen,' are you driving yet?"

Well, I've been able to drive a car (stick shift) since I was eleven and my Dad brought me home a Yugo instead of a go-cart ("It's better than a go-cart Fern, it has a radio and roll up windows!!"), just not legally, which is a bit of a problem. :ph34r:

Umm, I think I'll just continue my boring existence and stick to the concertina in the passenger's seat........

Last year at the New England Squeeze-in Jody Kruskal sang and played a great, self written, song about "Daddy Please Don't Play Your Concertina While You Drive." The tune is funny and, well,...a good idea, if your not in one of the passenger seats...

Me? I want to die when I am suppose to, not sooner..

fjb