Lost Concertina

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this and would readily accept anyone's advice on suitable links for this topic, but here goes: a few years ago my Wheatstone English 48 treble concertina was lost in Hong Kong ( a long story), and I would very much like to be re-united with it. If anyone comes across this concertina or has any idea where it may be, I would be eternally grateful if you could pass on the info. It is a Wheatstone Aeola, serial number 25142, with raised metal ends and gilt buttons.The reason I haven't posted this info earlier is that I thought I had lost the documentation including the serial no.,for work I had done some years earlier, and happily I only rediscovered this yesterday.

I've copied this to the members mailing list for the International Concertina Association. Hope you get it back.

Chris

Locating it would be one thing; proving ownership after the passage of some years would be quite another.

After, most likely, more than one change of ownership in that time, whoever has it now most likely paid good money for it and probably has very strong opinions as to who now 'owns' it - whatever that word might mean.

I wish you good luck in your quest. There are still some good guys about so you never know.....

I have added the details to my own list.

regards

Dave

Edited by Dave Prebble

I've copied this to the members mailing list for the International Concertina Association. Hope you get it back.

Chris

Locating it would be one thing; proving ownership after the passage of some years would be quite another.

After, most likely, more than one change of ownership in that time, whoever has it now most likely paid good money for it and probably has very strong opinions as to who now 'owns' it - whatever that word might mean.

I wish you good luck in your quest. There are still some good guys about so you never know.....

regards

Dave

Chris

regards

Dave

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I will follow up your links, Sean. I know the difficulties in getting back lost items but there are still some good guys out there, as you say, Dave. Also I have very good proof of ownership.

Thanks again for your support.

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I will follow up your links, Sean. I know the difficulties in getting back lost items but there are still some good guys out there, as you say, Dave. Also I have very good proof of ownership.

Thanks again for your support.

i'll certainly save the info. certainly some day many years from now i will be spending some time in china/hong kong (i study chinese and cant imagine that i wont ever find myself over there). sometimes, when you are in somewhere strange, people will see you have an instrument and try to sell you one like it that they have. i have a friend who was in minnesota, and someone offered to sell them a stolen wheatstone, and they were able to reunite it with it's owner (who they had merely overheard to have lost it). i agree that it has been a very long time since you have lost it, so even if it is found, it may be too late to legally get it back, but i also would regret if i was ever playing music in a bar in hong kong and someone offered me an english as you describe and i didnt have the info!