Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2009

I have now able to confirm the dates of the 2009 weekend.I apologise if the date clashes with other events in the UK.The change of date has been caused by my other commitments and the availability of Bradfield Village Hall.If there are any guests you would like me to invite or you would like to be invited as a guest yourself please contact me.Please bear in mind no fees or expenses are paid and I only make a contribution towards accomodation costs .I am also looking for speakers and presentations for the weekend so if you have any suggestions contact me.

The dates are:-

FRIDAY 26TH JUNE.SATURDAY 27TH JUNE & SUNDAY 28TH JUNE 2009

I've been doing some digging, and I'm not absolutely certain but I'm fairly sure that next year's ECMW (which sometimes falls on the last weekend in June) will be on 19th - 21st June at Ampthill. So for lovers of English music we have two fine events on successive weekends. Something to really look forward to.

Chris

Geoff Crabb has confirmed he will be doing a bellows making workshop at the 2009 weekend.This was supposed to take place this year but we could not fit it in.

Rees Wesson the well known melodeon player and repairer has confirmed he will attend.

I will post breaking news as it happens

Your absolutely right Chris.The date and venue for the English Country Music Weekend have been confirmed on the Musical Traditions website as being the 19th,20th & 21st June 2009 at Ampthill.Any visitors coming from overseas could therefore easily attend both that event and my music weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Two new guests have confirmed they will be attending.Roy Clinging a singer and English concertina player will be performing and giving a talk on folk songs from Cheshire,whilst Neil Brookes a fiddle player will give a talk on the recent discovery of 19th Century fiddlers tune books from the North Shropshire.Neil & Tony Weatherall have recently issued a very fine CD featuring these tunes.