Camera Cases For Concertinas....

I've been using a Centon DSLR camera case for my Wheatstone now for a few months and am delighted with it. RRP is 50 quid but I've seen the same bag on Ebay new for 20. It is well padded, fits the concertina perfectly. Side pockets will take notebooks, recording devices, tools, everthing you might need. Even space to take sheet music etc. I'm sure many other camera cases would work just as well, but for the price this one is very good. Just a thought if you were looking for a good protective case for your precious instrument.

Simon

I've been using a Centon DSLR camera case for my Wheatstone now for a few months and am delighted with it. RRP is 50 quid but I've seen the same bag on Ebay new for 20. It is well padded, fits the concertina perfectly. Side pockets will take notebooks, recording devices, tools, everthing you might need. Even space to take sheet music etc. I'm sure many other camera cases would work just as well, but for the price this one is very good. Just a thought if you were looking for a good protective case for your precious instrument.

Simon

Excellent idea, thanks.

I might give that a whirl too, since I like the idea of carrying a concertina slung over my shoulder. My only concern might be that a camera bag could be an attractive target for a mugger on the grounds that it might contain a camera. :(

Chris

I might give that a whirl too, since I like the idea of carrying a concertina slung over my shoulder. My only concern might be that a camera bag could be an attractive target for a mugger on the grounds that it might contain a camera. :(

Chris

That's exaclty why I carry my concertina in it's case in a very ordinary looking inexpensive backpack.

My only concern might be that a camera bag could be an attractive target for a mugger on the grounds that it might contain a camera. :(

I carry my concertina in one of those extra strong plastic orange Sainsbury's supermarket bags - in its hard case of course. That way, it is less likely to attract attention from would be muggers. One day, I turned up at a session with both of my concertinas in supermarket bags and when a fellow sessioneer remarked upon it, I joked that it was part of a buy one get one free offer. If only.

Chris

Concertina Cases. 30 years I found the perfect answer for my new Anglo. A Samsonite black, hard shelled, plastic case which one would have thought was specifically designed for the purpose. Shock-proof, weather-proof and very smart. I expect they called it a 'Vanity Case' because it was designed to take all those mysterious things which women apply in an attempt to enhance their beauty. A perfect size to allow for a bit of additional padding in the elasticated pockets around the sides, adequate length to allow for loading and unloading the instrument with both hands securely in the straps and plenty of room for spare straps, springs, screwdriver, polish, dusters,lubricant and all the other paraphernalia of the wandering minstrel. It has even got a mirror fitted to the inside of the lid to cater for those who really are vain. Such a splendid Concertina case that I fear that Samsonite will probably have discontinued production after all these years !

Concertina Cases. 30 years I found the perfect answer for my new Anglo. A Samsonite black, hard shelled, plastic case which one would have thought was specifically designed for the purpose. Shock-proof, weather-proof and very smart. I expect they called it a 'Vanity Case' because it was designed to take all those mysterious things which women apply in an attempt to enhance their beauty. A perfect size to allow for a bit of additional padding in the elasticated pockets around the sides, adequate length to allow for loading and unloading the instrument with both hands securely in the straps and plenty of room for spare straps, springs, screwdriver, polish, dusters,lubricant and all the other paraphernalia of the wandering minstrel. It has even got a mirror fitted to the inside of the lid to cater for those who really are vain. Such a splendid Concertina case that I fear that Samsonite will probably have discontinued production after all these years !

This one?

Edited by m3838

This one?

No M3838. My 30 year old Samsonite is a very neat moulded design, very similar in many ways to what I remember as Samsonite's original briefcase, which was so popular at that time. It's dimensions are ideal for my Anglo and it is a shame that there appears to be nothing comparable on the current Samsonite web site. I could battle through driving rain and probably float it on water with complete confidence ! Does no one at Samsonite play the Concertina ?

Chris

That's exaclty why I carry my concertina in it's case in a very ordinary looking inexpensive backpack.

I tend not to find myself in situations of perceived risk, usually I drive over to a pub or village hall for a session, get out the car, go in, enjoy myself etc, get back in car drive home. The camera case works a treat for my sort of use. I'm sad that you live under such fear of crime.

Whatever, my point remains - the bag is made as though its designed specifically for this use.

Simon

I tend not to find myself in situations of perceived risk, usually I drive over to a pub or village hall for a session, get out the car, go in, enjoy myself etc, get back in car drive home. The camera case works a treat for my sort of use. I'm sad that you live under such fear of crime.

Simon

A prudent persons foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. - Proverbs 27:12

Simon

A prudent persons foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. - Proverbs 27:12

Are you seriously implying I am a simpleton for making the suggestion I make and not seeing risk of crime in rural Scotland ?

I'll not bother next time. The negativity here sometimes for a simple suggestion is very off-putting.

Simon

Are you seriously implying I am a simpleton for making the suggestion I make and not seeing risk of crime in rural Scotland ?

I'll not bother next time. The negativity here sometimes for a simple suggestion is very off-putting.

Please accept my humble apology. I did not intend to ruffle any feathers. My point was that it would be prudent to be prepared. How would I know if you were a wise king or a simpleton?

No M3838.

Ouch! I was going to order one. Thanks for timeley reply. No wonder it looks strange, like a lady's purse, but I'm not a purist. If it works - it works.

M3838 (Strange Name!) If I could remember how I would send a picture, but what's the point ?

I'm sad that you live under such fear of crime.

I do not live under fear of crime, but I do consider myself a prudent person. With regards to my 2 best concertinas, each worth, well, quite a lot and each in different ways virtually irreplaceable to me, then I have to weigh the small risk against the potentially serious consequences. So I try and think about the consequences of my choices in advance. I think that is reasonable whether you live in East Ham or the Falkland Islands.

Chris

PS For the record, I have lived in East Ham but not the Falkland Islands. Bradford on Avon, my current domicile, is a pretty peacable place.

:D I've got a 'Guild of Assassins' badge on the front of my concertina case........ no-one's tried to pinch it yet...... and I don't get many complaints about the music ( not twice anyway) :lol:

Concertina Cases. 30 years I found the perfect answer for my new Anglo. A Samsonite black, hard shelled, plastic case which one would have thought was specifically designed for the purpose.

That is a great suggestion. I have been scanning around for a case for a new Tedrow baritone that is on the way. I had an American Tourister case similar to what you describe up in the attic, that I used for checking firearms on commercial flights. I don't do that anymore and it has been idle for several years.

Got it down and it fits the Rochelle perfect. The Tedrow will be a bit smaller, so it should work just fine. Now off to the Jo-Ann craft store for some diamond pattern foam rubber.

Thanks for the suggestion.